IT Apprentice Foxhill Primary School
Foxhill Primary School in Bradford are looking to recruit an IT Apprentice. You will assist the team to ensure the continuous, safe and efficient operation of the school’s curriculum network.
Closing date: 30 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
13 Nov 2017
25 May 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
This role will enable the post holder to gain experience and new skills and will involve working with students, teachers and support staff on a daily basis promoting the use of ICT across the curriculum.
As an IT Apprentice you will carry out the following duties:
- Software related diagnosis -Issues with re-installs/networking to printer
- Networking issue diagnosis - Not able to log in/users drop off network/ setting up new users
- Hardware fault diagnosis - wifi access points- issues with Ruckus wifi controller
- Backup management - Curriculum and Admin server
- General maintenance
- Liaison with third parties to ensure point of contact for IT related issues (including telecommunications)
- Liaise with Bradford ICT- network down/resetting servers and resetting the Smoothwall
- Setting up I-pads/laptops
- Installing software
- Troubleshooting faults and fix whiteboards, Ipads, desktop printers
- Setting up and managing a set of I-pads using apple configurator or Meraki
Full training and support will be given to learners.
- Professional training and support provided leading to the opportunity to achieve a professional qualification.
- Access and use of top-end and up-to-date IT equipment and software applications.
- Enjoy the relaxed atmosphere of working in an informal working environment.
- Experience the comfort and support of working in a small, family-orientated company.
- Be motivated to be forward thinking and always looking for new ideas to help grow the business.
Requirements and prospects
As an IT Apprentice within school you will need to possess the following soft skills:
- Effective verbal and non-verbal communication
- Have a good general IT skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and support team members where required
- Ability to follow instructions
- Ability to act professionally at all times
As an IT Apprentice within school you will need to possess the following qualities:
- Be of a friendly nature
- Flexible, reliable and adaptable
- Willing to learn new skills
5 GCSEs at grades A*- C or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
Things to consider
About the employer
Foxhill Primary School
The Estio Training IT Apprenticeship programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive eight weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual assessment, and help and guidance from a dedicated trainer who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
Training will lead to industry-recognised qualifications including:
- CompTIA A*
Digital Industries > Infrastructure Technician
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Estio Technology Recruitment Ltd
Bryony Solly 01133 500 333 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Oct 2017