Sports Activity Leadership Apprenticeship - Level 2 - Apprentice Marshall DEXX SKATE PARK YORKSHIRE LIMITED
Dexx is an Indoor Skatepark and Trampoline park based in the Dearne Valley. We provide leisure facilities for the socially deprived local area and also to special schools in the area
Closing date: 27 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
02 Oct 2017
24 May 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
We aim to provide a trampoline park experience that is, in safety terms like no other. We will provide education in the safe use of trampolines that is understood, promoted and implemented by all staff from managers to maintenance. We aim to all be of one mind-set; that safety is paramount, and that by making this our priority we will provide our customers with a positive, reassuring experience that they will wish to repeat.
- As an apprentice park marshal you will make the safety of all users your utmost priority and will be expected to learn by physical participation our strict safety education process and demonstrate this in practice every time you are within the trampoline park.
- You will work under the guidance of a head marshal and sports leaders who will provide ongoing regular training and will encourage you to think about how you present yourself to customers and promote self expansion.
- You will take part in many different sessions that will run throughout the park, including re-bound sessions with our disabled schools.
- You will be expected to flag up any malfunctions of equipment or any health and safety concerns to supervisors. You will report any injuries sustained by any staff member or customer to the duty first aider.
- You will also work , on occasions, in other areas of the business including the reception area, the adjoining skatepark and the merchandising shop.
- You must have an interest in the sports/leisure industries; have a bright, outgoing and confident personality. You must be highly observant.
- You will gain an overall understanding of how a leisure facility works and of all the parts that make a whole.
- Common sense, the ability to deal with people, a positive flexible attitude and a mature outlook are a requirement. You will need to be an outstanding role model to our young customers.
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to manage and prioritise tasks
- Effectively use interpersonal and communication skills
- Friendly, approachable manner.
- Good communicator.
- Punctual & presentable
- Friendly & outgoing
- Willingness to acquire and develop new skills/qualifications if/ when necessary
- Excellent time keeping
- Team worker
- Able to work on own initiative
- 4 x GCSEs (or equivalent) A-D English & Maths Included or relevant work experience in a sports environment
Things to consider
About the employer
- Delivery to be completed onsite and day release at Barnsley College,
- Student to complete an L2 qualification
- Technical certificate in Activity Leadership
- Functional Skills in Maths and English if required.
- To achieve apprentice framework (Key Skills, NVQ and Technical Certificate) within the specified time frame
- Attend the apprenticeship induction programme
- Attend all of the training sessions for the programme whenever necessary
- Undertake any other required development work as part of the apprenticeship programme as requested
- Any other duties as deemed appropriate by senior staff.
- Apprenticeship start throughout the year and open to any age of candidate.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Barnsley College
Rachael Wood 01226 216 166 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 27 Sep 2017