Nursery Nurse Apprentice Fairfield Park Lower School
An opportunity to start your childcare career working as a part of a lovely nursery team in an Outstanding graded school, supporting development of the children.
Closing date: 25 Sep 2017
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
10 Oct 2017
24 May 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
An opportunity to join the nursery team in this Outstanding graded lower school. Duties to include:
- To work as part of the staff team in planning, running and supervising a wide variety of stimulating activities, complying with health and safety requirements and ensuring the implementation of the School Equal Opportunities policy at all times.
- To care for the safety of the children by following appropriate health and safety policies and procedures and to be vigilant in identifying potential difficulties, contributing to risk assessments where appropriate.
- To work as an active member of the early years team, relate positively to the children and assist in creating a climate where parents/carers, students and co-operating agencies feel welcome and secure.
- To contribute to the educational and social development of all the children in the EYFS classes through supporting the planning and delivery of stimulating activities and provision and feeding back to the class teacher on the effectiveness.
- To support children in their development through experiences appropriate to their individual/different needs. To work with groups or individual children, as appropriate; to be aware of the needs of each child and of the need to organise the learning environment.
- To contribute to discussion and monitoring of individual children’s progress, development and achievements, sharing observations and keeping agreed records, ensuring that confidentiality is maintained at all times.
- To support individual pupils with specific learning programmes and to observe children as appropriate ensuring sensitive interaction takes place where necessary.
- To attend necessary planning meetings and contribute to curriculum development and provision.
- To organise resources to best effect for the children and to contribute, as required, to the attractive display of children’s work.
- To assist liaison with other school staff
- To maintain good communication with parents and carers.
- To participate with support to parents and children during the transition from home to school, assessing stages of development as required.
- To undertake other duties as may become necessary and agreed with the class teacher or Foundation Stage Lead.
Requirements and prospects
- To have good communication skills.
- To have creative ideas for activities.
- To have an interest in child development.
- To have an awareness of child safety issues.
- Empathy with young children
- Enthusiasm and a willingness to learn and develop
- To be warm, caring and have a patient nature.
- To have the ability to work with young children and their families in a sensitive and positive way.
- GCSE (or equivalent) passes in English and Maths.
Things to consider
About the employer
Intermediate Apprenticeship in Early Years:
- NVQ Level 2
- Technical Certificate Level 1
- Functional Skills Level 1
- Employer Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
- Any additional elements
- Training in workplace/Training Centre
Children and Young People's Workforce
SEAC RECRUITMENT SERVICES LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by South East Apprenticeship Company
Julie Green email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 25 Sep 2017