Apprentice Receptionist/Administrator Wallace House Surgery
There is a vacancy for an Apprentice Reception/Admin assistant at Wallace House GP Surgery in Hertford. This vacancy is to join other health care professionals who deliver vital services to patients who are on the journey of improving or maintaining their health.
Closing date: 19 Oct 2017
Total hours per week: 38.00
Possible start date
20 Oct 2017
22 May 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
There is a vacancy for an Apprentice Reception/Admin assistant at GP Surgery in Hertford. This vacancy is to join other health care professionals who deliver vital services to patients who are on the journey of improving or maintaining their health.
You will need to demonstrate a positive and professional impression of yourself and the GP Practice by delivering customer service to patients and customer alike. If you want to start a rewarding career then this job is for you!
- Managing patient requests in person, on the phone and via written communication.
- Booking, amending, rescheduling and cancelling patient appointments.
- Distributing prescriptions.
- Action patient care follow- up arrangements as per clinicians instructions.
- Advising patients of chargeable services and processing payments.
- Providing patients with information about the Practice Services.
- General housekeeping of reception and waiting areas.
- Arranging transport and home visits.
- Managing medical records recording patient contracts, attaching correspondence electronically and in hard copy and filing in correct order.
- Maintaining and updating the practice patient database.
- Ensuring confidentiality and data protection is observed at all times.
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Task driven
- Attention to detail
- Hard working
- Articulate and willing to work in a team
- Personal motivation
- Good interpersonal skills – positive engagement, building relationships, questioning and listening skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstration of patience, empathy and problem solving skills, when dealing with conflict
GCSE (or equivalent) grade C or above in English and Maths desired but not essential.
Things to consider
About the employer
Wallace House Surgery
- Level 2 City & Guilds Diploma in Customer Service Practitioner
- Level 2 Technical Certificate
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in English, Maths, and ICT
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
- End Point Assessment
Customer service > Customer Service Practitioner
LIGA (UK) LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by LIGA (UK) LTD
Helena Jacinto 0845 177 1880
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 19 Oct 2017