Back End Developer Apprentice Intermarketing & Communications Group Limited
Estio Training has an exciting new opportunity for a Back End Developer Apprentice with Intermarketing Agency in Headingley, Leeds.
Closing date: 27 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
10 Nov 2017
19 May 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Working Alongside the development and design team on a number of public facing website, you will be involved in all aspects of web development.
Some of your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Implementation of features according to specification within a given timescale.
- Working with senior team members to plan implementation of code.
- Assisting senior members of staff with other aspects of web development and design.
- Testing features and websites before release.
- To act in the best interests of Intermarketing agency at all times.
Requirements and prospects
- IT GCSE
- Clear and rounded understanding of primary back-end technologies, particularly PHP and MySQL
- Knowledge of popular MVC frameworks
- Be aware of good user experience
- Knowledge of basic security principles
- Knowledge of basic performance principles
- Evidence of personal projects
- Willingness to learn existing and new technologies
- Problem solving
- Can analyse a technical problem and propose a solution
- Demonstrating Intermarketing’s core expectations at all times: Accountability, Challenge, Collaboration and Advocacy
- Team Focused
- Honest and Open
- Passion and enthusiasm for Web Development
5 GCSEs at grades A*- C or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
Things to consider
About the employer
Intermarketing & Communications Group Limited
The Estio Training IT Apprenticeship programme gives people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive seven weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual assessment, and help and guidance from a dedicated trainer who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
Training will lead to industry-recognised qualifications including:
- Level 3 Software Development Technical Standard
Digital Industries > Software Development Technician
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Estio Technology Recruitment Ltd
Chloe Adams 01133 500 333 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 27 Oct 2017