Chef Apprenticeship - Level 3 - Holmfirth Spiced Pear
Working in this busy restaurant, a suitable candidate would be working within the kitchen area. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who has a true interest and passion in the catering industry and really wants to get on the ladder to a long and successful career.
Closing date: 12 Sep 2017
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
18 Sep 2017
18 May 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Hardworking, good listener & communicator, can work well within the team and use their own initiative and in return the right candidate would be working with highly trained and motivated staff that will pass on their skills knowledge and expertise. Excellent communication skills are essential due to the nature of this post.
- To assist in all sections of the kitchen operation, to ensure that statutory obligations and Company standards are met, that a smooth, efficient service is maintained and that the product provided is of the highest standard.
- Adhere strictly to Food Hygiene Regulations
- Have knowledge of and follow Company and statutory Health & Safety, security and emergency procedures.
- To adhere to any cleaning rotas and to sign them off when completed.
- To maintain personal hygiene standards at all times.
- Adhere to prescribed standards and maintain a workload rate that is sufficient to ensure the efficient running of the kitchen operation and the avoidance of interruptions to service.
- Ensure food items are delivered in appropriate packaging and all items are checked and temperature at time of delivery is recorded.
- Ensure food items are stored correctly and stocks rotated and temperature recorded.
- Ensure Food items are handled, cooked and served correctly.
- Establish and use clear lines of communication with kitchen operation and with restaurant staff.
- Support all members of a team to achieve and maintain operational standards to the highest possible level in respect of service, hygiene and Health & Safety, and ensure that there is minimal wastage.
- To deal with all customer comments or complaints and to pass on any relevant information to your Supervisor.
- Spend time working in all departments to get a good understanding of the whole kitchen
- Enjoy the job
- Encourage the conservation of energy and recycling at every opportunity
- Come up with innovative ways of presenting food - advising Head Chef at all times.
Apprentices must show commitment to the following:
- To achieve apprentice framework (Key Skills, NVQ and Technical Certificate) within the specified time frame
- Attend the apprenticeship induction programme
- Attend all of the training sessions for the programme whenever necessary
- Undertake any other required development work as part of the apprenticeship programme as requested
- Any other duties as deemed appropriate by senior staff.
Apprenticeship start throughout the year and are open to any age of candidate
Requirements and prospects
- Multi tasker
- Able to follow instructions but also show initiative
- Good communication skills
- Excellent time keeping
- Be able to work long, active shifts
- Enthusiastic approach
- Excellent timekeeping
- Professional and presentable appearance
2 GCSEs at Grade A*-D or equivalent qualifications
2 years work experience in a catering environment
Things to consider
About the employer
Attendance at Barnsley College to complete an apprenticeship in Catering, leading to a qualification as a level 3 Chef
Catering and Professional Chefs
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Barnsley College
Julia Caldwell 01226216166 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 12 Sep 2017