Apprentice Chef The Kynnersley Arms Inns
A fantastic opportunity for a passionate individual to enter the world of Professional Cookery.
Closing date: 14 Nov 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
28 Nov 2017
18 May 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
A fantastic training opportunity has arisen for an Apprentice Chef to work as part of the kitchen team at The Kynnersley Arms.
All food is freshly prepared and includes traditional Italian style dishes along with modern British food and a carvery every Sunday. All food is British and sourced locally where possible. All meat is farm assured.
Main duties will include:
- Assisting the Head Chef in the preparation of all food orders
- Learning basic knife skills
- Keeping in with all food hygiene procedures
- Stock and quality checks including food rotation
Requirements and prospects
- Someone who can take instruction
- Excellent timekeeping and attendance
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work within a team, but has the initiative to work unsupervised
- Level headed and ability to work under pressure
- The role will appeal to someone who is looking for a career in professional cooking who has the passion, flair and imagination to develop their enjoyment of cooking into a professional career
- We are looking for someone with a positive attitude, who is able to take instruction and work quickly to ensure the best guest experience is delivered
- Good understanding of numeracy and literacy
- GCSE qualifications at grade C or above in English and maths or the ability to work towards Level 1 Functional Skills.
About the employer
- Level 2 Professional Cookery Apprenticeship to include:
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Professional Cookery (QCF)
- Level 2 Certificate in Hospitality and Catering Principles
- (Professional Cookery) - QCF
- Level 2 Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Functional Skills in maths and English Level 1 (if applicable)
Catering and Professional Chefs
NEW COLLEGE TELFORD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by New College
Jenny Crowson 07769 224265 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 14 Nov 2017