Apprentice IT Support Technician Compco Fire Systems Ltd
Set your career alight! This is a great opportunity to become part of a company who are looking to train the next generation of professionals. You will work within a friendly IT department to provide IT support to users and perform administration tasks on company PC’s and servers across all 7 Compco sites across the UK.
Closing date: 01 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
11 Sep 2017
18 May 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
- To diagnose and resolve software and hardware incidents, including operating systems across a range of software applications.
- To assist all staff members with any logged IT related incident when needed
- Take ownership of IT issues, carrying out Trouble Shoots and implement temporary or permanent fixes with the aim of restoring service
- To accurately record, update and document requests using the IT service desk system
- To install and configure new IT equipment
- To resolve incidents and upgrade different types of software and hardware
- To resolve incidents with various devices including computers, printers, copiers and scanners
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list.
Requirements and prospects
- Clear, effective communicator over the phone, in writing and in person
- Relationship builder with internal clients
- Excellent computer skills.
- Self motivated
- Responsible approach
Ideally a minimum 4 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
Things to consider
About the employer
Throughout the duration of your Apprenticeship you will be required to attend the 3aaa Technology Academy in Worcester for up to 12 weeks on a block release basis for structured training. The remainder of your training will be completed in the workplace with your Employer. You will work towards a Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship for IT, Software, Web and Telecoms Professionals.
The qualifications consist of:
- Edexcel Advanced Apprenticeship in IT, Software, Web and Telecoms
- L3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence
- L3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
- Level 2 Functional Skills English, Maths, ICT (if applicable)
IT, Software, Web & Telecoms Professionals
ASPIRE ACHIEVE ADVANCE LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by ASPIRE ACHIEVE ADVANCE LIMITED
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 01 Sep 2017