Apprentice Nursery Practitioner LITTLE KINGDOM DAYCARE LTD
To be a proactive member of a staff team that provides safe stimulating and inclusive environment in which babies and young children are supported and encouraged to reach their full potential. To offer full and practical support in the day to day running of the nursery.
Closing date: 27 Aug 2017
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
28 Aug 2017
17 May 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- To provide the highest standards of quality care and education.
- To ensure that health and safety and security measures are constantly maintained.
- To be aware of and act in accordance with current legislation, policy and procedures. To develop a thorough knowledge of all the company’s policies and procedures – ensuring that they are followed at all times.
- To proactively contribute to a programme of activities suitable to the age range of children in your area in conjunction with other staff.
- To keep a proper record of achievement file on your key children, for parents.
- Work alongside parents of special needs children to give full integration in the Nursery.
- To assist in foreseeing the needs of Special Needs children and give physical, emotional, and intellectual guidance as appropriate.
- To support all staff and engage in a good team practises ensuring that all communication is polite and courteous.
- To work in close partnership and to develop and maintain good relationships with parents/carers and other family members and be available for meetings that may occasionally be outside of normal work hours.
- To keep up-to-date current issues that affect nurseries and to attend staff meetings and training as directed by your line manager.
- To work alongside the Manager and staff team to ensure that the vision, philosophy and objectives behind Little Kingdom Daycare are fulfilled.
- To share relevant information and ensure that information passed between parents and staff is communicated to your line manager.
- To maintain confidentiality about all issues related to children and their families; your own and other staff members issues and any other management or operational issues.
- To develop your role within the team especially in your capacity as a key worker:
- Keep children's files up-to-date including photographs
- Complete observations
- Specific Child Care Tasks:
- To be proactive in the preparation and completion of activities to suit the child's stage of development.
- To ensure that mealtimes are a time of pleasant social sharing.
- Washing and changing children as required.
- Providing comfort and warmth to all children.
- Providing conscientious and effective supervision of the children.
- To interact and engage with the children in accordance with the children’s individual needs.
- To ensure the provision of a high quality environment to meet all aspects of the needs of individual children from differing cultures and religious backgrounds, and stages of development.
- To be aware of the high profile of the nursery and to uphold its standards at all times. To be an ambassador for Little Kingdom Daycare, both within the nursery and in the wider community.
- To ensure that clean and hygienic standards are maintained at all times. This includes daily cleaning rotas, nappy changing and other nursery/housekeeping duties.
Requirements and prospects
- Good with children
- Calm manner
- Team player
- Eager to learn
- Passionate about children
No specific qualifications needed.
Things to consider
About the employer
Training will include 5 qualifications:
- A skills-based NVQ Level 2 qualification in CYPW
- A knowledge-based qualification in CYPW Level 2
- Functional Skills English (unless exempt)
- Functional Skills Maths (unless exempt)
- Functional Skills ICT(unless exempt)
Children and Young People's Workforce
BOOM TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Boom Training Ltd
Grace Warren 02380682060 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 27 Aug 2017