Childcare/ Nursery Nurse Apprentice Pencil Pots Day Nursery Ltd
Being a key worker for individual children Being responsible for caring for babies and children Planning activities according to the EYFS Working with parents and other team members
Closing date: 24 Aug 2017
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
31 Aug 2017
18 May 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
This vacancy is advertised by the Training Trust on behalf of Pencil Pots Day Nursery.
You will attend the Training Trust one day per week for your college work.
- An ability to work into all areas of the nursery with different age group of children
- Fully understand the EYFS to plan activities and to record the children’s development as they move through the nursery
- Prepare snacks for the children
- To attend to their personal care needs throughout the day ensuring that the child is respected and safe at all times.
- Feeding the children and attending to their sleep and rest needs throughout the day.
- Being responsible for maintaining a clean and safe environment for the children, staff and parents alongside other staff.
- Reporting the room leader and managers of the nursery
- Adhering to different shift patterns at the nursery start times, typically 7:30am finishing times of 6:30pm and anything in between based on an average day of 8 hours working time.
A full job description will be given from nursery on request.
Requirements and prospects
- Good use of English and Maths.
- Knowledge and previous experience of child care desirable though not essential.
- Cheery disposition.
- Willingness to learn and be part of a team.
- Kind and caring qualities.
- Bubbly personality.
- Reliable and good time-keeping.
- Maths and English GCSE, or equivalent, grade C and above desirable though not essential. Re-sit will be required to attain grade C and above if progressing onto level 3.
Things to consider
Being willing to work hard in a demanding environment.
Being answerable to manager or room leader.
Train or bus journey.
About the employer
Pencil Pots Day Nursery has the capacity to accommodate 30 children at any one time. We operate on two floors, with the baby room upstairs and pre-school on the ground floor. There is wheelchair access onto the premises.
- Childcare Level 2.
Children and Young People's Workforce
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Training Trust (WFCCTT)
Aisha or Vicky
Before you apply
Closing date: 24 Aug 2017