Apprentice Administrator Portsmouth Hospitals Nhs Trust Estates
A fantastic opportunity to work within a Business Administration role at Portsmouth Hospitals. You will participate in ensuring the efficient running of the Department and their processes by providing administration and clerical support. You will also undertake a range of clerical duties in conjunction with other admin staff in the department.
Closing date: 31 Aug 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
04 Sep 2017
16 May 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Provide administrative support to the Team including:
Specific Core Functions
- To communicate sensitive and confidential information both orally and in writing, to managers, staff and external relationships.
- To take on reception duties, which will include greeting and receiving relatives, answering any queries they may have, telephone queries from relatives, internal telephone queries.
- To respond to all emails, letters and telephone calls.
- To ensure that all filing systems are maintained and up to date.
- To develop improved administrative systems and/or procedures as necessary.
- To ensure that the stock of all literature required is maintained and replenished by informing manager so they can place order
- To cover the duties of colleagues within department in times of absence or heavy workload and to work as a team member at all times.
- To open and distribute the post on a daily basis.
- To provide day to day support to the administration team.
Health & Safety
- The post holder must be fully aware of his/her responsibilities towards the Trust’s policies and procedures, especially with regards to health and safety.
- To ensure that the Trust’s health and safety policies are understood and observed and that correct procedure is followed.
- To ensure the appropriate use of equipment and facilities and the environment is maintained in good order.
- To take necessary precautions to safeguard the welfare and safety of themselves, patients, staff and visitors, in accordance with the Health & Safety at Work Act.
- To undertake appropriate health and safety training to support safe working practice including, where appropriate, its management.
- The post holder is required to respect confidentiality of all matters that they learn as a result of their employment with the Trust, including matters relating to other employees and members of the public and patients.
In addition to the above duties, to undertake any other appropriate tasks which may be requested following discussion with the post holder. This job description is subject to regular review and revision in the light of the changing needs of the service.
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills, written and oral.
- Good IT skills.
- Numeracy skills.
- Ability to work effectively within a team.
- Typing Skills.
- Commitment and Dedication
- Ability to act professionally at all times.
- Calm and objective.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Good level of Maths and English.
Things to consider
About the employer
You will be required to undertake an Apprenticeship Framework which will consist of:
- NVQ Diploma in Business and Administration Level 2
- Functional Skills in Maths, English and ICT
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
Off the job training will be required.
Business and Administration
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by HTP Training
Nikki Cruttenden 02392 374 752 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 31 Aug 2017