Medical Care Administrator Apprenticeship Jai Medical Centre
Are you a people's person with excellent communication skills? Can you think on your feet, and respond to the needs of our patients? If yes, then a Medical Care Administrator could be the role for you!
Closing date: 23 Jun 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
04 Jul 2022
17 May 2017
- Welcome and greets all patients and visitors, in person or over the phones
- Answer the phone while maintaining a polite, consistent and professional telephone phone manner.
- Responsible for keeping the reception area clean and organised
- Register new patients and update existing patient records by collecting patient detailed patient information including personal information
- Facilitate patient flow by notifying the medical team of patients' arrival, being aware of delays, and communicating with patients and clinical staff
- Respond to patients', prospective patients, and visitor inquiries in a courteous manner
- Keep medical office supplies adequately stocked by anticipating inventory needs, placing orders, and monitoring office equipment
- Protect patient confidentiality by making sure protected health information (PHI) is secured by not leaving PHI in plain site and logging off the computer before leaving it unattended.
Requirements and prospects
- Professional telephone manner.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to communicate with people at all levels.
- Word processing and keyboard skills.
- Excellent use of Word, email packages.
- Ability to learn new software packages.
- Able to prioritise and organise work.
- Ability to work flexibly both in a team and independently
- No formal qualifications required but assessment will be carried out at interview to determine whether this programme is suitable
Things to consider
About the employer
Jai Medical Centre
BARNET & SOUTHGATE COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by FIRST RUNG
L2 Business Administration Diploma, Functional Skills Level 1 in English, maths and ICT.
For more information on First Rung, please watch the link below:
Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage (ANMW): The National Minimum Wage for Apprentices is £3.30 per hour (From October 1st 2016 this will be increasing by 3% to £3.40 per hour). This is the legal minimum pay per hour applying to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their apprenticeship. For apprentices 19 or over who have completed their first year and are continuing their apprenticeship, the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.