Apprentice Recreation Assistant Cascades Leisure Centre
You will be responsible to the Operations Manager, although you will be supervised by other Service Managers due to shift patterns for the day-to-day running of the building and its grounds. You will become qualified to National Pool Lifeguard standard (NPLQ) and Swimming teaching (ASA) Level 1 & 2.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017
Total hours per week: 39.00
Possible start date
08 Oct 2017
16 May 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- To patrol and supervise the various activity areas of the centre to combat vandalism, correct use of equipment and carry out any emergency actions that may be required.
- To Lifeguard in all positions appropriate to the pool at that site (once NPLQ obtained).
- To assist in the tuition of individuals or groups with various sports.
- To undertake Swimming Teaching (once ASA award obtained).
- To undertake the setting up and changing of equipment to meet the programme requirements.
- To assist with the cleaning and maintenance of the centre.
- To maintain a high level of public relations.
- To liaise with the Assistant Manager on duty in response to all complaints received.
- To take reasonable steps at all times to ensure the health and safety of yourself, other staff and members of the public who may be affected by your actions or omissions at work.
- To undertake such other related duties as may be allocated from time to time
Requirements and prospects
- Jump / dive into deep water.
- Swim 50 metres in less than 60 seconds.
- Swim 100 metres continuously on front and back in deep water.
- Tread water for 30 seconds.
- Surface dive to the floor of the pool.
- Climb out unaided without ladder / steps and where the pool design permits.
- National Pool Lifeguarding Qualifications (NPLQ)
About the employer
You will be given an “Individual Learning Plan” for the following qualifications which you will undertake in and around your working hours:
- RLSS National Pool Lifeguard Qualification (NPLQ)
- ASA Level 1 Swimming Assistant (Teaching)
- ASA UKCC Level 2 Teaching Aquatics
- City & Guilds NVQ Level 2 Activity Leadership
- 1st 4 Sport Level 2 Employment Awareness
- Level 1 and 2 Functional Skills (Eng & Maths), if required
- Various 1 day courses, e.g. social media marketing, water testing, safeguarding, 1st aid etc...
FUNCTIONAL SKILLS UK LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by FUNCTIONAL SKILLS UK LIMITED
Sacha 01273434400 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017