IT Technical Support & Production Advanced Level 3 Apprentice Live Link Limited
LiveLink is looking for talented people to work with us to build solutions for some of the world’s biggest brands, and millions of their customers.
Closing date: 30 Aug 2017
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
05 Sep 2017
16 May 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
More photos have been taken this decade than in the rest of history! Rapid advances in mobile technology mean that over a trillion pictures are captured each year. We help the photo industry stay ahead of the game.
LiveLink is looking for talented people to work with us to build solutions for some of the world’s biggest brands, and millions of their customers. Over the last 12 years, we’ve grown a diverse client base that ranges from individual store owners, through high street chains to massive global corporations. Although we’re based in the UK, our core clients are also located in Ireland and North America.
You will join around 80 of us, based in comfortable, freshly renovated offices located in a conservation area. Trains are 5 mins away, and it is a 15 min walk to the sea. We have breakout areas, a games room, free on-site employee parking, a sizable garden, fitness suite, company yacht, a plethora of musical instruments, modern kitchens, opportunities for sporting enthusiasts, copious nerf guns and much more. Plus a 1Gbps fibre connection… we take our technology very seriously!
To make a long story short, we’ve grown a place where we love working, and we think you will too. For more info see also: www.livelinktechnology.net
Because we are a young, innovative company, the tasks an apprentice will undertake are likely to be varied and will largely depend upon the aptitude of the individual. However, we would hope that an apprentice would learn to:
- Respond to IT support requests over the telephone and by email
- You will be one of the first points of customer contact
- Responsible for resolving, forwarding and escalating helpdesk calls
- Responsible for troubleshooting queries and liaising with various customers
- The more software knowledge you gain (in a Linux Operating System), the more personally fulfilling this is likely to become. Other opportunities, such as work in the graphics department and with smaller software projects might become available if a specific ability becomes evident.
Requirements and prospects
- Linux experience would be especially highly valued
- Previous use of HTML and/or graphic programmes such as Inkscape and the Adobe suit
What we don't need (although it is welcome):
- Experience... it's certainly good but we're primarily looking for aptitude and attitude
- Knowledge of the photo/card/gift industries
- A driving licence
- Any programming (and networking) skills, especially using Open Source apps
- You think coding is great fun & use Open Source programmes
- You relish learning new things & have built your own computer
- You are confident interacting with people & strive for customer satisfaction
- You work with precision & attention to detail
- You have a good sense of humour, are adaptable... & get a kick out of doing interesting things!
GCSE or equivalent grade A-C in Maths and English Language are required.
Things to consider
About the employer
- Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Diploma
- Microsoft Windows 10 training
- Microsoft Windows Server training
- CompTIA A+ and Network+ training
- ITIL Foundation
- Employers rights and responsibilities
- Functional skills in ICT if needed
Digital Industries > Infrastructure Technician
HIGHBURY COLLEGE PORTSMOUTH
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Highbury College
Jade Davies 02392 882870 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Aug 2017