Apprentice Warehouse Operative TRIMCRAFT LTD
We are looking for two enthusiastic Warehouse Operative Apprentices, who are keen to learn and motivated to work within our busy warehouse in Bilborough, Nottingham.
Closing date: 20 Oct 2017
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
21 Oct 2017
15 May 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
To assist in the assembly and dispatch of customer orders, through the receipting of goods to picking and packing to the end user, this should be done in a correct, safe, timely manner.
To work as part of a team, you may be required to load/unload vehicles. You will also have delegated responsibility for the correct selection and packing of customer orders, ensuring they are ready for dispatch on time. Full training will be provided.
Some of your main tasks would include:
- Receive products from suppliers and ensure quality assurance is maintained throughout, including the right quality and quantity of goods are bought and received confirming to the specification.
- Pick, and pack customer specific orders, by using the WMS System supplied.
- Safe receipt of goods in and documentation.
- Booking of goods in and out using computerised system.
- Talk with customers direct to arrange deliveries.
- Where appropriate to use manual handing or mechanical handling machines for loading and unloading deliveries.
- Meet and maintain standards of health and safety, hygiene and security in the work environment.
- Keep the work area clean and tidy.
This is a warehouse environment. It has shutter doors that can be open for prolonged periods due to operational requirements.
Lifting, bending and moving stock within health and safety guidelines can be an integral part of the requirements.
You are required to comply with all Health and Safety instructions and wear appropriate PPE as directed by management.
The role will include physical work, manual handling and forklift truck driving (if qualified)
Requirements and prospects
- Ability to work on own initiative or as part of a team.
- Attention to detail and the ability to meet deadlines and service standards.
- Good organisational and planning skills.
- Someone who takes pride in their work.
- People person, good communicator and able to fit into a team.
- Trustworthiness is essential.
- Motivated and hardworking with good timekeeping.
Ideally GCSE’s maths and English Grade A*-D or equivalent
Things to consider
About the employer
- You will receive a combination of on and off the job training to give you the skills, knowledge and understanding to gain Certificates in Warehouse and Storage and Employment Rights and Responsibilities.
- Where you do not have Grades A-C in a relevant subject, you will work towards Functional skills in maths and English as well as developing personal learning, and thinking skills alongside your qualifications.
- An End Point Assessment would be carried out before the full qualification can be achieved.
Logistics and Supply Chain > Supply Chain Warehouse Operative
EAST MIDLANDS CHAMBER (DERBYSHIRE, NOTTINGHAMSHIRE, LEICESTERSHIRE)
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Derbyshire & Nottinghamshire Chamber Commerce
Emily Gascoyne 0333 320 0333 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 20 Oct 2017