Childcare Apprentice Assistant Alia Murphy
Alia Murphy Childcare services is looking for an enthusiastic, caring individual to join their team. You will be required to be Self-motivated, reliable, creative and come with lots of ideas to promote a great learning experience for children.
Closing date: 30 Aug 2017
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
01 Sep 2017
15 May 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- To assist in all childcare related daily duties.
- Maintain a friendly and stimulating environment, where children are able to develop their emotional and educational well-being.
- To assist in preparing the premises for the arrival of children, such risk assessments, setting up activities, preparing meals and snacks in advance.
- Assist and meeting the EYFS requirements such as Safeguarding, Health, and Safety and adhere to policies and procedures set by my services.
- Maintain and understand the importance of confidentiality.
- Assist and support in planning and making observations and evaluating development in each individual child.
- Initiate new ideas for activities and providing support for children’s next steps.
- Support playgroup activities, from setting up, promoting new ideas and overall participation in the Messy Play Session.
- Maintain discipline and promote positive behaviour.
- Support and supervise meal times and sleep times with the children.
- Maintain professional but friendly manner to parents/carers.
- Be able to support school journeys (drop off’s and pick ups).
Requirements and prospects
Understanding of Food and HygieneI
- Fun, Creative, Confident and filled with initiative.
- A goodCommunicator and team player.
GCSE, English, Maths or equivalents
Level 2 CYPW or EYE
Things to consider
About the employer
The Childcare Company provides online training in early years’ childcare, residential childcare, play work, supporting teaching and learning, management, team leading, customer service and business administration.
Teaching sessions are normally bi weekly or monthly depending on your preferred learning style. Your sector specialist tutor will provide the support and motivation to ensure you enjoy and ultimately succeed in achieving your goal, completing your training. We want you to feel our team are approachable at every stage in your learning journey.
Our delivery of training is through blended learning. Supported by one of our sector specialist tutors we deliver teaching sessions to you using various methods that include face to face teaching, Skype, virtual classroom and telephone. Our aim is for you to have the best possible learning journey that is personalised, motivational and inspiring for you.
Our online learning platform, the Laser, provides interactive learning resources as well as your e-portfolio. It acts as a communication system between you and your tutor and allows you to follow your progress at any time. The Laser is user-friendly and easy to navigate. The learning resources are multi-sensory to suit personal learning styles, such as filmed tutorials, PowerPoint presentations, multi-media challenges, activities, good practice example videos and electronic reading.
Your employer provides your time for ‘off the job’ study and teaching during your paid working hours. This is flexible averaging around 3-4 hours per week.
The National Minimum Wage (NMW) rate for apprentices is £3.50 per hour. This applies to 16-18-year-old apprentices and those aged over 19 or over in the first year of their apprenticeship. For all other apprentices the National Minimum wage appropriate to th
Children and Young People's Workforce
THE CHILD CARE COMPANY (OLD WINDSOR) LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by The Childcare Company
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Aug 2017