Apprentice Nursery Assistant Bridge Lane Nursery Ltd
Bridge Lane Nursery are looking for a nursery assistant to assist them with the day to day duties of their childcare provisions between the ages of 6 months - 5 years. If you are enthusiastic, fun and caring this is your entry into the childcare industry!
Closing date: 08 Nov 2017
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
09 Nov 2017
15 May 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Bridge Lane Nursery are looking for an enthusiastic, caring individual to join their team of professionals in caring for their provision of children between the ages of 6 months - 5 years.
Offering an opportunity to Earn as you Learn! You will be mentored and supervised by qualified professionals and you study to towards your NVQ Level 3 in Childcare.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- To ensure that each child’s potential is fully developed in a social, physical, psychological and cultural sense and their development both as an individual and as a member of a group, is paramount at all times.
- To share responsibility for the preparation of a stimulating and caring environment, with due regard to all aspects of Health and Safety.
- To participate in planning and organising appropriate play and educational activities. To observe, assess and contribute to the written record of each child’s progress.
- To foster each child’s development and growth of independence and self-reliance.
- To encourage the children in developing both English and their own language.
As part of the team, to contribute and participate in:
- Planning and preparation of the class, group work and individual work to suit the needs and age of the pupils
- Whole school/Centre record keeping
- Participating in meetings relating to: curriculum development, general administration, school organisation and pastoral arrangements.
- Maintaining good order and discipline among pupils, safeguarding their health and safety, both on school premises and when engaged in authorised school activities elsewhere.
- To provide personal care to a child, whilst at the same time encouraging their independence
- To encourage and value the involvement of parents/carers in the life of the school and to appreciate and recognise the expert knowledge they have of their child
- To implement the Centres/ Council’s Equalities and Race Equality policies fully.
- To work actively to overcome and prevent discrimination on the grounds of race, religion, gender, disability, sexuality and status
- To be aware of own practice and keeping up with current trends in education. Attend relevant courses and INSET, in accordance with priorities in the Centre Development Plan
- To render first aid in accordance with school policy
- To support the school and Centre by participating in events at either site
- To undertake any other duties as may be required from time to time to meet the needs of the setting.
Requirements and prospects
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- L2 CYPW
- GCSEs A-C in Maths and English required or equivalent
- Further training and employment opportunities
Things to consider
- Childcare can be hardwork and exhausating
- DBS Check required
About the employer
We have a purpose built nursery with a large enclosed garden and extensive covered area that allows children to play and explore outside all year round, rain and shine.
We offer an environment that is safe, yet not restrictive, nurturing and diverse, stimulating, warm and homely.
We have fun whilst learning to ensure that the eventual progression into primary school is accomplished happily and with confidence.
These are the main feeder schools: Newton Preparatory school, Thomas’s, Hill House, Christ Church, Belleville, Honeywell and WIX Primary School.
For all first time parents, we are happy to help you with any queries that you may have, regarding up to date government legislation and childcare guidelines.
We hope that you will be both excited and reassured with our practice as you look at the rest of our website.
Bridge Lane Nursery Ltd
- Children & Young People's Workforce L3
- Functional Skill ICT (If Required)
Children and Young People's Workforce
WALTHAM FOREST COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Care First Training Limited
Emily Laurenza 01277725974 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 08 Nov 2017