Internal Sales Apprentice Chandlers Buildings Supplies Ltd
Chandlers Building Supplies, based in Ringmer are looking for an Internal Sales Apprentice. This is a great opportunity for someone who has great communication skills, can work to a deadline and wants to undertake a sales qualification.
Closing date: 11 Oct 2017
Total hours per week: 44.50
(the hours are based on the candidate being over 18)
Possible start date
25 Oct 2017
15 May 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
OVERALL PURPOSE OF JOB
- Provide a timely friendly and dependable service of products to customers, both via telephone, email and face to face ensuring that their expectations are not just met but exceeded.
- Optimise contributions to branch sales and gross profit.
- Work effectively as part of a team promoting the company’s vision, values and aspirations at all times.
- Build effective relationships with customers thus optimising sales and customer service.
- Use initiative to identify and resolve customer/product problems or issues.
- Through initiative and ideas proactively identify new sales opportunities to assist in the maximising of sales and margin.
- Ensure that company policies with regard to computer systems procedures and administration are followed at all times.
- Liaise with suppliers representatives where necessary.
- Develop personal product knowledge to enhance service to customers.
- Share information about customers and projects with fellow staff where sales opportunities exist across product ranges/services or regions.
- Support the branch in stocktaking duties when required.
- Actively safeguard against theft of company goods or property by being security conscious at all times.
- Take a pro-active approach in ensuring the health and safety of staff and customers, reporting and responding to any potential H & S concerns/issues.
- Perform any other reasonable duty as may be required by the company.
Requirements and prospects
The essential skills for the role include:
1. The ability to get to the workplace and be on time for 7.30am.
2. Very strong verbal communication skills.
3. Strong numeric skills. The successful candidate will be required to undertake a Maths and English initial assessment to check that they would be able to complete the apprenticeship.
4. Comfortable using the phone and interacting with customers face to face.
5. Good IT literacy.
The essential personal qualities include:
1. Good literacy skills.
2. The ability to prioritise.
3. The ability to react to incoming sales enquiries and take a pro active approach in acquiring new business.
4. A friendly and warm personality.
5. The ability to understand what good customer service is.
You must have Maths and English GCSEs at grade C or above, or equivalent to apply for this role.
Things to consider
About the employer
- City and Guilds Level 2 Diploma in Sales
- Functional Skills Level 1 in Maths, English, and ICT (exempt if already have GCSE equivalent C+ grade)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
Sales and Telesales
SUSSEX DOWNS COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Sussex Downs College
Katie Parris 030 300 39871
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 11 Oct 2017