Hospitality Apprentice Hill Holt Wood
Hill Holt Wood are looking for an apprentice to assist the Catering Ranger.
Closing date: 23 Aug 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
31 Aug 2017
19 May 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
The post will involve working with the Hill Holt Ranger Team, young people and volunteers. Your duties will involve:
- Working in The Hive Cafe every Sunday
- Preparing school meals
- Assisting in the kitchens
- Maintaining a high level of health and hygiene at all times
- Stock rotation
- Providing excellent customer service when required
- Assist the catering assistant in all events
Requirements and prospects
- Knowledge of COSHH and HACCP
- The role of a catering apprentice at Hill Holt Wood is a multi-faceted one, and one that is physically demanding so a reasonable level of fitness is desirable.
- Have a passion for food and catering.
- Basic kitchen skills and understanding of kitchen guidelines.
- A full driving license is essential (location is not accessible by public transport)
- Good time management
- Be able to show empathy and compassion for people of all ages and cultures.
- Be able to work successfully as part of a team but also work independently when requested.
A*-C grade Maths and English GCSE or equivalent is desirable
Things to consider
About the employer
Level 2 (Intermediate) Apprenticeship in Hospitality. This is a framework comprised of:
- NVQ Level 2 Diploma in Hospitality Services
- Technical Certificate in Hospitality and Catering Principles
- City & Guilds Functional Skills Level 1 in English
- City & Guilds Functional Skills Level 1 in Maths
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities Certification
- Hospitality Framework Certification is provided by City & Guilds
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Lagat Ltd
Jess van der Drift 01522 501300 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 23 Aug 2017