Apprentice Care Assistant Rose Farm
We are a busy care home looking for a day care apprentice to assist residents in day to day activities.
Closing date: 30 Aug 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 32.50
Possible start date
01 Sep 2017
12 May 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
To carry out day to day care assistant duties including:
- To encourage independence and self-respect in all residents.
- To offer residents the opportunity to make a choice whenever possible, which clothes they will wear, whether they would like to go out, at what time they would like to go to bed.
- To take overall responsibility for the general appearance of the residents allocated to your care.
- To assist in the serving of meals, cleaning of tables and washing dishes.
- To take those residents who need help to and from the toilet during the day and to help them with commodes and bedpans when necessary. To cleanse and wash the skin of incontinent patients as often as necessary and to apply a barrier cream and pads.
- To make beds, change sheets and pillowcases, wash pillows and mattresses and bedding as required, at all times making use of the clean linen and dirty linen baskets provided.
- To assist in the arrangements of social activities and to encourage participation of all residents.
- To assist and encourage residents to remain as mobile and active as possible i.e. frequent walking, exercises and physiotherapy as required.
- To assist in providing a safe, caring and homely environment where residents are encouraged to maintain their independence, dignity and self-respect.
- To treat all residents with kindness and patience at all times
Requirements and prospects
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Good communication skills
- IT literacy
- Positive attitude
- Willingness to learn and listen
- Being able to treat elders with respect
- Outgoing personality
Grades C or equivalent or above in Maths and English
Things to consider
About the employer
Full L2 Intermediate Apprenticeship including QCF, relevant Technical Certificate and Functional Skills
Health and Social Care
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Doncaster College
Danielle Thompson 01302 553762 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Aug 2017