Care and Support Worker Apprenticeship ENABLE SUPPORT SERVICES LTD
The role will require the successful candidate to provide high quality, individualised support and care to service users in their own homes and other community settings. Along with contributing fully to the functioning of the ESS team via active participation in all team processes.
Closing date: 30 Oct 2017
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
06 Nov 2017
12 May 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
- To provide high quality, personalised community care and support to service users with complex social care needs including mental health needs, learning disabilities and/or physical disabilities. This work involves support with activities of daily living such as shopping, housework, accessing community activities, attending appointments, budgeting, meal preparation, prompting medication, and social support in the community.
- To provide personal care, to include physical assistance with personal hygiene (washing, bathing and dressing), skin and oral care, lifting and handling and other personal care tasks, where required to do so.
- To attend safeguarding training and work within ESS Safeguarding policy
- To work positively and in partnership with other involved agencies.
- To work within all ESS operational policies and procedures, including Health and Safety and to immediately notify senior staff of any concerns.
- To ensure that ESS continuously improves the services it offers by contributing to team activity and functioning.
- To actively participate to supervision, appraisal and continuous professional development.
- To maintain professional boundaries at all times.
- To practice the values of ESS at all times.
Requirements and prospects
- Experience in working in social care.
- Experience in working with service users with mental health needs, Aspergers Syndrome or learning disabilities, or other social care needs such as visual impairment or physical disabilities.
- Knowledge and understanding of mental illness, Aspergers Syndrome and Learning Disabilities
- Willingness to work in various parts of Somerset and Dorset.
- Competent to work independently in the community with limited direct supervision.
- Willingness to undertake personal care where required to.
- Willingness and availability to work on a shift rota including pro rata weekends (alternating weekends for full time staff members).
- Good communication skills, in particular the capacity to listen.
- Flexible and person centred approach to working with people with a variety of complex needs.
- Daily access to a computer/email in order to maintain contact with Care Services Manager/ESS Management team.
Good secondary education
Things to consider
About the employer
- Level Three in Health and Social Care
- Maths and English Functional Skills if required
Health and Social Care
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Strode College
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Oct 2017