Hairdressing Level 2 Apprenticeship Daniel K Neaves Hair Ltd
Daniel K Neaves in Budleigh Salterton are looking for a Hairdressing Apprentice . Would you like to join this award winning salon? Have you got an eye for detail? Passionate about the fashion industry? APPLY TODAY!!!
Closing date: 20 Aug 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
10 Sep 2017
12 May 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
As an Apprentice your duties will include:
- Meeting clients
- Answering the phone
- Making bookings
- Helping colleagues with clients
- Cleaning and making refreshments
- As you progress you will become involved in styling, colouring and cutting hair
- You will receive a full induction in the salon with ongoing support throughout your Apprenticeship
- This salon has a fully qualified assessor based in the salon so you will have the opportunity to excel in your qualification with the extra support from this member of staff.
You will be assisting stylists in ensuring that all clients are given the highest levels of customer service with special attention to comfort and friendliness. You will also generate and promote a professional working atmosphere and assist stylists in advising clients in all aspects of services available, including advising clients of all products, tools and equipment available for retail purchase
By assisting the salon manger and the stylists, you will gain the necessary knowledge and experience to help you to progress in this exciting career.
You will be supervised by a fully qualified member of staff throughout your training.
Requirements and prospects
- You will need to be familiar with current trends within the hairdressing and fashion industry.
- You will need to be highly motivated and enthusiastic about hairdressing.
- You will need to have friendly personality and interact efficiently with customers and colleagues.
- You need to have a real passion for the business, be friendly and willing to work hard.
- The ability to want to engage and learn new skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Being able to work under pressure.
- Kind and Polite.
- Good attention to detail.
- Openness to learning new ideas.
- Passionate and eager to want to learn.
- Honest and reliable.
A good level of education is desirable.
Things to consider
About the employer
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Hairdressing
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
- Functional Skills English Level 1 or 2 ( If required)
- Functional Skills Mathematics Level 1 or 2 ( If required)
PGL TRAINING (PLUMBING) LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by P G L Construction Training
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 20 Aug 2017