Fire and Security Apprenticeship Security & Electrical Services
We are looking for an enthusiastic apprentice to join our engineering team whilst providing an opportunity to start a career in the security industry.
Closing date: 27 Aug 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
28 Aug 2017
12 May 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
You will have the opportunity to learn our trade not only on basic security systems, but all the way through the spectrum to more advanced integrated networked and server solutions.
Good IT skills would be an advantage in this ever developing industry.
Your daily tasks will be mainly site based and will include the installation, maintenance and commissioning of intruder alarms, fire alarms, CCTV systems, access control solutions and home audio systems.
Requirements and prospects
Any interest or skills in electronics, IT or general DIY would be an advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to deal in both domestic and commercial environments
- GCSEs in Maths, English at grade A*-C or equivalent qualifications
- Ideally competent in Microsoft Office & IT use
Things to consider
About the employer
Training to include:
- Critical Health and Safety knowledge for the achievement of the Electrotechnical Certification Scheme (ECS) card (CSCS affiliated) for employment purposes, with regular assessment to ensure a deep and thorough understanding, with a clear demonstration of competence before being allowed to attempt the end-point assessment.
- Functional Skills (if required)- general skills that are used in every job, such as Communication and Application of Number.
Fire Emergency and Security Systems > Fire Emergency and Security Systems Technician
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Yeovil College
Charlotte Gardiner 01935 845418 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 27 Aug 2017