Factory Manufacturing Apprentice SMARTLOUVRE TECHNOLOGY LIMITED
As a member of the Smartlouvre family you will not just be an apprentice. You will be a key member of the team, involved in the day to day running of the business. You will be trained on the job and be involved in all aspects of manufacturing and factory work.
Closing date: 19 Aug 2017
£150.00 - £200.00
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
29 Aug 2017
12 May 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
- You will be trained and learn to run the complex weaving machines.
- Understand ancillary processes such as bobbin winding and lacer wire manufacture.
- Trained in the operation and maintenance of the paint line operation.
- For the screen manufacturing processes you be competent in measuring, mesh preparation, extrusion cutting and assembly.
- Working with the engineering team you will carry out factory and warehouse maintenance.
- Assisting the engineering manager where required.
- Learning and taking part in on-site work including installation, maintenance and surveying.
- You will always work in accordance with company safety procedures and follow Health and Safety legislation
- Attend college / PETA and complete coursework on time and to the required standard
Requirements and prospects
- Confident communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Self-motivated and proactive
- The job holder is required to engage and communicate with visitors to the factory
- The employer seeks applicants who are keen to learn and ask questions
- You will want to be involved, bright and inquisitive
- You will need to be able to collaborate with colleagues and management to agree the scope of tasks and responsibility within a confidential working environment
- You need to be confident, articulate, organised and ethical
Minimum of 3 GCSEs or equivalent (inc Math’s, English, Science) at Grade C.
Things to consider
About the employer
Throughout the duration of the Apprenticeship you will be required to attend PETA’s Havant training centre for off-the-job training. The majority of training will be completed with your employer at your place of work.
You will work towards the following qualifications:
- Your off the job training will be provided by PETA as part of a 12 month day release of off the job training designed to support your learning in the workplace this will include completing the Performing Engineering Operations NVQ at Level 2. Each unit will be start with Working Safely in an Engineering Environment training will include:
- Using and Interpreting Technical Information
- Maintaining Mechanical Equipment
- Maintaining Electrical Equipment
- Producing components using hand fitting techniques
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
- You will also complete a level 2 VRQ in Engineering Technology. During this time you will also complete the ERR-01 booklet and functional skills at level 1 (if required) in Maths, English.
- You will be expected to progress onto an Advanced Apprenticeship, this will require the completion of a NVQ Level 3 in Engineering Maintenance (delivered in the workplace) by your PETA assessor. You will be day released for two years to complete a Technical certificate (Level 3) as part of your advanced apprenticeship framework. This could be a BTEC National Diploma in Engineering.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by PETA Limited
Engagement Team 02392 454 445
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 19 Aug 2017