Peugeot Apprentice Parts Advisor Citroen U K Ltd
Peugeot Vehicle Parts - the job that’s well stocked with career opportunities.
Closing date: 23 Aug 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
26 Aug 2017
11 May 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Parts Customer Advisors do not work directly on vehicles but gain a very good knowledge of them. They must be able to recognise instantly hundreds of different parts and components and understand their place in the vehicle.
But that is just the start of it. In fact, the job is a combination of administration, stores-management and sales all within the same role. Whether you work in a local dealership or a major warehouse it is vital that parts are stored safely, conveniently and methodically so that they can be found at a moment’s notice.
It is also essential that orders for replacement stock are made to ensure that you are never running too short. Most of this work is now done through extensive use of information technology in order to keep track of what is available, where it is located and in what quantities (so as to order more when needed).
In many cases, the Vehicle Parts Operative will:
- Deal directly with external customers
- Selling parts
- Components over the counter
Requirements and prospects
- To be successful as a Vehicle Parts Operative you need to be very well organised and be able to cope with a large amount of detailed information and figures.
- It is now essential to be comfortable with the use of information technology because that is, probably, the Vehicle Parts Operatives single most important tool, and although you will not work directly on the engine or other parts of the vehicle, you will need to understand basic mechanics and electrics to play your part in the motor industry in which you operate.
- Finally,good communication skills are essential both in dealing with customers and with your colleagues
- Good communication skills
- Honest and trustworthy with the desire to be hard working
England, Wales and Northern Ireland: 3 GCSEs at A-C,(or equivalent) in Maths and English
Scotland: 3 Standard Grades at General/Credit level.
Candidates who fail to state their GCSE Grades in Maths & English Language will be automatically unsuccessful
About the employer
Training delivered is on-the-job training by a visiting assessor for the Parts Operations Advanced Apprenticeship Framework which will include NVQ Level 2 and NVQ Level 3 in Vehicle Maintenance and Repair. This is supported with coaching and assessment in your normal working environment in building tour qualifications.
Peugeot Citroen Apprenticeships
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Citroen Uk Ltd
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 23 Aug 2017