Customer Service Apprenticeship, Sutton-In-Ashfield CPI (PNEUMATICS) LIMITED
The post will involve you working alongside a small office team and the Directors to ensure the smooth running of the business.
Closing date: 31 Aug 2017
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
14 Sep 2017
11 May 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Vision Business is working in partnership with CPI Pneumatics Ltd to recruit for a Customer Service Apprentice.
Now celebrating 20 years of trading, CPI Pneumatics Ltd has become renowned for quality and service as the premier distributor of fluid power and control equipment in the East Midlands.
Based in the heart of Nottinghamshire, our reputation has been further enhanced following our appointment as a distributor of Parker Hannifin products. The Parker Hannifin Corporation own and manufacture many well-known brands including Legris, Lucifer, Origa, KV, Rectus, Schrader, Mead, ALOK and Domnick Hunter.
The post will involve you working alongside a small office team and the Directors to ensure the smooth running of the business. Liaising with suppliers and clients on the phone, online and face to face on the trade counter. Dealing with day to day Customer Service duties and supporting other team members to meet the needs of the client base.
Some of your main duties and responsibilities will include;
- Processing orders
- Quoting products
- Dealing with customers
- Handling general customer service enquiries
- Progressing customer orders
- Serving in our trade shop when required
- Stock in and stock out
- Handling all related administration
- Liaising with suppliers to gather required information
- Calculating prices , proof checking data entered
- Assisting in a small team – filing, shredding , greeting visitors, making refreshments, basic general office duties etc
You will have support within the company and will be working towards Customer Service Apprenticeship Level 2.
Applicants will be required to attend an Assessment Centre with Vision Apprentices as part of the screening process.
Requirements and prospects
- Attention to detail
- Smart professional appearance
- Self-motivated & reliable
- Hardworking, motivated and able to work on own initiative
- Be able to follow guidelines and instruction
- Managing a busy workload
- Experience in working in an office environment
- Good numeracy & literacy skills
- IT Skills, knowledge of Microsoft office
- Excellent communication skills written and verbally
- Time management skills
- Team player
- Organisational skills
- An understanding of the importance of confidentiality
GCSE Grades A to C or 9-4 (new grades) or equivalent are essential, specifically English.
Things to consider
About the employer
CPI (PNEUMATICS) LIMITED
West Nottinghamshire College is one of the largest and most successful colleges in the country with a well-earned reputation for excellence particularly in the areas of apprenticeships. The college was named a national Beacon College in 2009. With 30,000 students nationwide and links with over 2,000 employers, we are a high-profile centre of education that is well known for producing work-ready, ambitious and highly-skilled individuals. We offer apprenticeships, advanced apprenticeships and adult apprenticeships in a range of sector specialisms.
- An apprenticeship allows you to study towards a recognised qualification whilst in an employed position and usually includes; Job-specifics training through working alongside experienced staff
- A competency based qualification to demonstrate you have the skills required to carry out the job. These are assessed by breaking down the contents of the jobs within your specific occupation into tasks called units of competences and will be measured through observations, assessments and witness testimony.
- A technical qualification that includes theoretical knowledge required in an occupation and underpins the knowledge required for the competencies.
- Functional Skills (Literacy, Numeracy and IT) Dependent on your prior attainment you may need to be assessed in a literacy, numeracy and ICT skills which are an integral part of your apprenticeship. Upon successfully completion you will be awarded additional certificates of recognition.
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Possible Enhancements
VISION WEST NOTTINGHAMSHIRE COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Vision West Nottinghamshire College
01623 627 191
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 31 Aug 2017