IT Teachers Support Apprentice St Peter & St Paul Catholic Primary School
This apprenticeship is a full-time position; you will be based on-site and be responsible for the lower level IT issues that arise for two schools based in the Coventry. The successful candidate will be accountable to the Business manager and Headteacher.
Closing date: 31 Aug 2017
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
01 Sep 2017
11 May 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Intequal, in partnership with the Microsoft Apprenticeship Programme, are offering this exciting opportunity to embark on a career as a IT Teachers Apprentice.
Throughout the duration of the apprenticeship, you will receive Microsoft training and accreditation through online learning and practical experience. These qualifications are highly respected and sought after and the skills, knowledge and experience you will gain whilst on the programme are invaluable, giving you the best possible chance at starting your professional career in the industry.
This apprenticeship is a full-time position; you will be based on-site and be responsible for the lower level IT issues that arise for two schools based in the Coventry. The successful candidate will be accountable to the Business manager and Headteacher. In co-operation with teachers, the candidate will support the teaching of computing by preparing relevant materials and working alongside pupils, parents and teachers.
Specific duties will include:
Working with the IT provider to…
- Resolve problems associated with operating systems, networks, software, hardware, printers etc. in the suite and around school.
- Ensure that a supply of consumable items such as printer cartridges, toners and paper are maintained and reordered as required.
- Maintain the asset register with new and updated equipment following school policies for audit requirements.
- Installation of new software on the schools system.
- Maintain other computing equipment (e.g. iPads).
Support the Pupils by:
- Providing help and guidance to pupils on an individual or group basis within computing.
- Ensuring that as far as possible, pupils are not exposed to inappropriate materials on the internet.
- Working with staff, parents and pupils to promote safe use of ICT equipment.
- Working to establish a supportive relationship with children and parents.
- Encouraging acceptance and inclusion of all children with special educational needs.
- Promoting and reinforcing the children’s self-confidence and esteem.
- Ensure pupils safeguarding including e-safety and reporting any concerns to the relevant person.
Support the Teachers by:
- Preparing and maintaining all equipment ready for teaching and learning
- To support teaching by being aware of the aims of the lesson and working with pupils as directed by the teacher leading the lesson.
- Work with teachers in the classroom to integrate technology into the classroom.
- Be able to support the teacher in other lessons where there may be a need for technical support.
- Be able to use multimedia to support teachers (e.g taking, storing and printing photos, filming, using a green screen, editing and creating videos).
Support the School by:
- Being aware of and following all school policies and procedures, in particular policies related to the use of computing equipment and sites.
- Being aware of confidential issues linked to home/pupil/teacher/school work and to keep confidences as appropriate.
- Maintaining the school web site and ensuring that information is accessible and up to date.
- Working with the ICT Lead to develop technology across the school.
- Obtain quotes, which represent best value, for new ICT equipment/ repairs etc.
- Running workshops, training events, family learning and clubs to promote the use of technology.
- Undertaking any other duties which may reasonably be regarded as within the nature of the duties and responsibilities.
About the schools
This Position is split between two schools based in Coventry, the schools are St Peter & Paul Primary School and St Patricks Primary School.
The schools are both caring and honest with high expectations. They concern themselves with each individual in the school community. The children are encouraged to develop towards their full potential in all areas, through the provision of a curriculum which is suited to the children’s needs and stages of development.
Requirements and prospects
- True passion for new and emerging Technology
- Confidence when using a range of hardware, software and technical devices
- High energy and motivation to achieve success
- Commitment towards the completion of a full Apprenticeship programme
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Love of learning
- Desire to help others to learn, develop and understand
To be considered for this role, you must have at least a C grade in both GCSE Maths & English, and in three or four other subjects at least.
Things to consider
About the employer
St Peter & St Paul Catholic Primary School
You will be enrolled onto the award-winning Microsoft Partner Apprenticeship Programme. You will work towards gaining the Microsoft certifications MTA Cloud Fundamentals, MTA Network Fundamentals, ITIL Foundation and CompTIA A+. This apprenticeship is delivered remotely via a live virtual classroom using the very latest Microsoft technologies. These qualifications are globally recognized industry certifications and form the significant building block of IT knowledge for anybody looking to start a career in IT.
IT, Software, Web & Telecoms Professionals
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Intequal Limited
Lyndsy Bumford 02392 449726 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 31 Aug 2017