Apprentice Dental Nurse Smiles On Broadway Dental Practice
This is a fantastic opportunity to progress into an exciting dental career in a busy dental practice which is looking to recruit an enthusiastic individual to work alongside the dental team.
Closing date: 18 Aug 2017
£129.60 - £225.60
The current National Minimum Wage rates are £4.05 an hour for 16 - 17 year olds, £5.60 an hour for 18 - 20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship(usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 32.00
Possible start date
21 Aug 2017
10 May 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Smiles on Broadway Dental Practice are looking to recruit a hardworking, reliable and enthusiastic person who wants to develop a career in dental nursing.
We are a friendly and well established practice in Southend-on-Sea and are looking for someone to join our growing team.
Our ideal candidate would have a professional approach with a mature and hardworking attitude. They would provide excellent patient care and show commitment to their work.
As a dental nurse your duties would include
- Providing chair side assistance to the dentist
- Ensure the care and welfare of patients
- Preparing and maintaining the clinical environment
- Sterilisation of instruments
- Mixing materials
- Charting on the computer
- Complying with strict cross infection procedures
- Developing digital x-rays
- Ensure adequate stocks of materials are within the surgery
- Carrying out some reception and administrative tasks
Requirements and prospects
- The successful candidate must be reliable,
- With good communication skills,
- Computer literate, and keen to learn.
You must be of a smart and professional appearance at all times, wearing a clean, presentable uniform and have a positive attitude.
- GCSE Maths and English Grade C and above (or equivalent)
- (Qualification will be checked before your application is submitted to the employer).
- An initial assessment for Maths and English is also required.
Things to consider
About the employer
Smiles On Broadway Dental Practice
- Diploma in Dental Nursing Level 3
- Functional Skills in English and Maths
- Health and Safety
- Equality and Diversity
- First Aid at Work
Dental health > Dental Nurse
ANDERSON STOCKLEY ACCREDITED TRAINING LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Anderson Stockley Accredited Training Ltd
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 18 Aug 2017