Hospitality Apprentice, Nottinghamshire EAST BRIDGFORD HILL LIMITED
Working as part of a small team, this is a great platform for a hospitality apprentice to learn all aspects of working in a boutique hotel. You will be covering all aspects of the business and because weddings are a main focus for the hotel it would provide a great platform for aspiring wedding co-ordinators.
Closing date: 31 Aug 2017
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
14 Sep 2017
08 May 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
East Bridgford Hill is a family business that has grown over the years. An exclusive country home located in a serene setting with panoramic views across the Trent Valley, it is a home full of character. The employer is looking to home grow talent through an apprentice where you’ll become part of the family and work to make the venue extra special.
Responsibilities will vary to include:
- Setting up the function room and dining room
- Serving guests a range of delicious food & beverages
- Clearing down function rooms
- Housekeeping and cleaning duties to ensure the hotel is well maintained and presented
- Taking enquiries and creating reservations
- Data collection and inputting
- Posting, publishing and sharing online using social media
- Assisting in the kitchen during breakfast or occasional dinner service
- Ensuring guests are respected and provided the very best service at all times
Requirements and prospects
- Self-motivated & reliable
- Confidence with meeting new people and conversing with ease
- Hard working & good initiative
- Organisational skills
- Attention to detail is paramount
- Smart professional appearance
GCSEs (or equivalent qualifications) grades A to C or 9-4 (new grades) are essential, specifically English.
Things to consider
About the employer
EAST BRIDGFORD HILL LIMITED
West Nottinghamshire College is one of the largest and most successful colleges in the country with a well-earned reputation for excellence particularly in the areas of apprenticeships. The college was named a national Beacon College in 2009. With 30,000 students nationwide and links with over 2,000 employers, we are a high-profile centre of education that is well known for producing work-ready, ambitious and highly-skilled individuals. We offer apprenticeships, advanced apprenticeships and adult apprenticeships in a range of sector specialisms.
- An apprenticeship allows you to study towards a recognised qualification whilst in an employed position and usually includes; Job-specifics training through working alongside experienced staff
- A competency based qualification to demonstrate you have the skills required to carry out the job. These are assessed by breaking down the contents of the jobs within your specific occupation into tasks called units of competences and will be measured through observations, assessments and witness testimony.
- A technical qualification that includes theoretical knowledge required in an occupation and underpins the knowledge required for the competencies.
- Functional Skills (Literacy, Numeracy and IT) Dependent on your prior attainment you may need to be assessed in a literacy, numeracy and ICT skills which are an integral part of your apprenticeship. Upon successfully completion you will be awarded additional certificates of recognition.
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Possible Enhancements
Hospitality > Hospitality Team Member
VISION WEST NOTTINGHAMSHIRE COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Vision West Nottinghamshire College
01623 627 191
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 31 Aug 2017