IT Support Apprentice Xerox Limited
Are you looking for a career with a Global Company that is leading the way in Document Technology and Services whilst gaining a recognised qualification? If yes, look no further! Xerox Corporation are looking for an IT Support Apprentice to start in June 2017.
Closing date: 28 Sep 2017
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
12 Oct 2017
08 May 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
The Apprenticeship is to start in June 2017. The wage for this role is a £15,000/annum starting salary, growing to £21,000 over 3 years as performance targets are achieved.
This is a fantastic opportunity to gain a wide range of IT skills and at the same time have exposure to the corporate world through working in an innovative customer-facing and virtual environment. Apprentices at Xerox have a real job role from day one, meaning you are able to contribute to the Company from the very start of your career. The individual will be key to ensuring the leading-edge infrastructure is maintained at all times and they will also have the opportunity to work with customers, both internal and external. It would suit a candidate looking to gain a broad range of business experience but with a focus on IT.
The role reports to the European Customer Marketing Manager and working with a team of 6 people, you will be based in the state of the art Innovation Centre here in the UK.
The team is responsible for the delivery of a wide range of activities ranging from collaborative workshop discussions with CIOs / CEOs, through to providing the environment needed to support basic product demonstrations to end-users.
- Support the day to day management of our IT infrastructure, both for the UK and also the wider network of Centres located across Europe; this includes server virtualisation, network patching, firewall and desktop management.
- Manage the customer-facing environment; this includes print driver maintenance, firmware management, OS upgrades and device management.
- Provide first level support to visitors experiencing issues / problems and develop new ways to ensure visitors can be self-sufficient.
- Working in a customer-focused environment.
- Working with Xerox Solutions and Apps.
- Evaluate new technology (VR, AR, Robotics, etc.) and also be willing to propose new ideas.
- Support the digital signage installation; to include deployment and design of relevant customer-facing content.
- Support all touch-screen technologies (IR, PCap, MultiTaction) and also the various video walls in the Centre.
- Program and develop the Nao Robot to support customer interaction.
Requirements and prospects
- Good interpersonal skills, a confident communicator (verbal and written). This is needed to deal with a variety of individuals from sales, customers, through to CEOs, both internal and external.
- Ability to both work well in a team and also independently, but importantly to tight deadlines with a keen “customer first” focus.
- Good working knowledge of Windows Operating Systems and Microsoft Office.
- Advanced problem-solving skills – strong analytical thought process needed to trouble-shoot issues, often under pressure due to it being a customer-facing environment.
- Important to be able to manage own workload – plan, prioritise and meet deadlines.
- Python preferred
- Customer-facing experience would be helpful
- Willingness to learn new skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Important to show initiative and be proactive.
- Entry requirements are a minimum of 2 A-Levels and 5 GCSEs grades A*- C or equivalent qualifications (including English and Maths)
About the employer
The Estio Training IT Apprenticeship programme gives people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive intensive classroom based training across the 36 month apprenticeship scheme. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual assessment, and help and guidance from a dedicated trainer who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
Training will lead to industry-recognised qualifications including:
- Infrastructure Technician Apprenticeship Standard
- CompTIA A+
- MTA Mobile & Operating Systems
In addition to the formal Apprenticeship you will be provided with Xerox specific tools to help you learn and grow, as well as a strong support network.
Digital Industries > Infrastructure Technician
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Estio Technology Recruitment Ltd
Scarlett Uttley 01133 500 333 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 28 Sep 2017