Apprentice Classroom Learning Assistant Meden School & Technology College
Interested in becoming a Classroom Learning Assistant? Look no further! Meden School are looking to recruit! If you are helpful and organised this vacancy could be for you!
Closing date: 25 Aug 2017
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
26 Aug 2017
08 May 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- To promote the corporate image of the school and high standards of behaviour and courtesy among pupils.
- To communicate effectively with the public and wider community and provide effective support for teaching staff and pupils.
- To promote and support implementation of the school’s aims, policies and values.
- To work flexibly as part of the support staff team to contribute to the smooth operation of the school.
- To use the standard computer hardware and software packages where appropriate.
- To commit to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and young people.
Planning, classroom supervision and pupil management:
- Staff will be required to supervise whole classes during the absence of teachers
- Provide teaching support to allocated groups by liaising with the department to achieve continuity of learning through:
- Setting clear learning objectives and determining how they will be implemented and assessed
- Understanding the nature of tasks which challenge pupils and ensure high levels of engagement setting appropriate and demanding expectations
- provide clear structures for lesson cover maintaining pace, motivation and challenge;
- monitor and intervene to ensure sound learning and discipline when covering classes;
- use a variety of methods when working with classes to:
- match approach to content, structure information, explain a set of key ideas and use appropriate vocabulary
- use effective questioning, listen carefully to pupils, give attention to errors and misconceptions
- ensure effective support so that classes acquire and consolidate knowledge, skills and understanding appropriate to the subject;
- evaluate their own support methodology critically to improve effectiveness;
- Promote good behaviour, dealing promptly with conflict and incidents in line with established policy and encourage pupils to take responsibility for their own behaviour;
- Support individual pupils by:
- Working to establish a supportive relationship with the children and parents concerned;
- Assisting with the development and implementation of Individual Education/Behaviour Plans and Personal Care programmes;
- Providing feedback to pupils and parents/carers in relation to progress and achievement under guidance of the teacher.
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent communication skills
- Good level of written English and grammar
- Enjoy working as part of a team
- Effective communication skills
- Willing to learn
- Enthusiastic attitude
- Act professionally and with integrity at all times
- Ability to use their initiative
- GCSEs in English and maths A-C or equivalent
- Basic ICT skills
Things to consider
About the employer
- You will receive a combination of on and off the job training to give you the skills, knowledge and understanding to gain a Diploma in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools.
- Where you do not have Grades A-C in a relevant subject, you will work towards Functional skills in maths, English and ICT
- Developing your knowledge of employee rights and responsibilities
- Personal learning and thinking skills
Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
EAST MIDLANDS CHAMBER (DERBYSHIRE, NOTTINGHAMSHIRE, LEICESTERSHIRE)
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Derbyshire & Nottinghamshire Chamber Commerce
Emily Gascoyne 0333 320 0333 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 25 Aug 2017