IT Support Apprentice - 13319 The Phone Co-Op
While other businesses focus on the pursuit of profits at all costs, we think about our impact on the world and how we can make it a better place while still giving our customers the best possible service.
Closing date: 01 Sep 2017
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
03 Sep 2017
05 May 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
You’ll be busy from day one, helping with the day-to-day administration of the Help Desk and supporting our users.
As you receive more training, becoming more experienced and knowledgeable, you will take on more of these duties:
• Communicating with individuals across a business (Experience or knowledge of these would be a bonus)
• Managing IT issues from diagnosis to fix, keeping staff informed about progress and any alternatives to keep them working
• Troubleshooting issues - to find out cause and propose fixes
• Escalating faults to other members of the team or our suppliers to get solutions
• Maintaining IT security
• Daily checks to catch and prevent problems
• Helping to create and maintain documentation for processes and procedures, and following the processes set down by others
• Setting up new computers and accounts for users
• Installing, upgrading and configuring software
• Maintaining our spare stock levels so we are quick to respond
• Providing technical support and advice to users
• Running small projects to improve our IT services
Requirements and prospects
We are looking for an individual to join our IT team – keen to learn how to create and sustain excellent IT services for our staff and customers.
Ideal candidates will be interested in, or have experience of:
• Working with Windows desktop and laptops
• Methodical working, ability to create and follow instructions
• Understanding and solving users’ problems
• Able to work with complex systems
• Able to work under pressure
• IT software or hardware
• Windows servers or Linux computers
• Phone systems, websites and networks
• Good communication skills - both written and verbal
• Ability to work on your own initiative as well as part of a team
• Enthusiastic and quick learner
Someone with an enthusiastic and professional attitude and a commitment to learning new skills.
GCSE Grade A-C English & Maths – or equivalent
Things to consider
About the employer
The Phone Co-Op
Approximately 11% of training takes place in the QA learning centre classroom. 9% is done in the workplace, through online training, face-to-face meetings with your QA Technical Skills Coach, or developing your portfolio. The remaining time will be spent on your workplace activity.
Digital Industries > Infrastructure Technician
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by QA Limited
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 01 Sep 2017