Apprentice Teaching Assistant Kirkdale St Lawrence C Of E School
As a teaching assistant you would support teachers and help children with their educational and social development, both in and out of the classroom.
Closing date: 28 Aug 2017
£121.50 - £211.50
The current National Minimum Wage rates are £4.05 an hour for 16 - 17 year olds, £5.60 an hour for 18 - 20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship(usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
02 Sep 2017
05 May 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Job roles will include:
- Working within a Primary school full-time as a Teaching Assistant
- Supporting pupils with their numeracy
- Supporting pupils with their literacy
- Supporting pupils with their ICT skills
- Be involved in displays and preparing resources
- Helping children who need extra support to complete tasks
- Understand the safeguarding and behaviour policy and their role within these policies
- Working with children aged 4 – 11 years
- Supporting a teacher in various roles within the classroom
- Ability to conduct yourself in a professional manner at all times whilst working in schools
- An eagerness to learn more about becoming a Teaching Assistant
- Apassion for working with children
- Possess relevant qualities including patience and communication
- Ability to show professionalism at all times
- Ability to listen and learn from more experienced staff
- Any previous experience working with children
- Strong English & Mathematics
Requirements and prospects
- Communicational skills relevant to both children and adults.
- Competent skills in numeracy, literacy and ICT.
- Ability to self-manage and organise own time.
- Smart appearance.
- Professional attitude.
- A level of maturity with working in a school environment will be required.
- Ambitious – hard working.
- Desire to be a positive role model to young people.
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of A*-C GCSE grades in Maths and English or equivalent qualifications.
Things to consider
About the employer
Kirkdale St Lawrence C Of E School
- CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools (QCF)
- Employers Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
- Level 1 Functional Skills in Maths and ICT
- Level 2 Functional Skills in English
Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
WIRRAL METROPOLITAN COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by J.M. EDUCATION LIMITED
Ella Hudson 0151 609 1193 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 28 Aug 2017