Apprentice Care Assistant Cedar Care Ltd
To provide care to residents under the guidance and supervision of the Home Manager, registered nurse and senior care staff and to undertake other activities to assist in the running of the home as required following cedar care homes policies and procedures.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017
£153.90 - £267.90
The current National Minimum Wage rates are £4.05 an hour for 16 - 17 year olds, £5.60 an hour for 18 - 20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship(usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 38.00
Possible start date
01 Oct 2017
03 May 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Developing friendly and respectful relationships with Residents and enable them to maintain their well-being by ensuring that their needs are met according to their habits and lifestyles as specified in the care plan. Your role includes the following tasks:
- Answer calls bells and acting on the Residents’ requests promptly. Ensuring that the call bell is close at hand at all times.
- Supporting and assisting Residents in their daily living and personal care activities in accordance to their individual care plan.
- Ensure that the ‘Resident Preferred Schedule’ and ‘My Care Plan’ is always followed.
- Ensure Residents preferences are met as and when required.
- Ensure any aids e.g. hearing aids, walking aids, dentures, spectacles etc. are within easy reach as required.
- Ensure all food and fluid charts and any other daily monitoring charts are completed as necessary.
- Enable Residents do as much as they can for themselves according to their remaining strengths and abilities.
- Monitor and inform the Nurse in charge immediately of any changes in condition of the skin
- Reduction of food and fluid intake
- Changes in continence
- Improvement or loss of mobility
- Changes in mood or behaviour
- Any other changes that may put the resident at risk
- Any poor practices.
- Any accidents or unexplained injuries
- Liaise with the Occupational Therapist or Activities Co-ordinator about the Residents specific needs or limitations.
- Assist as much as possible, in daily activities with the Activities Co-ordinator
- Become familiar with Residents life histories, talking to them while supporting or assisting and at all opportunities during the course of the day
A full copy of the Job Description will be discussed at the next stage.
Requirements and prospects
- Genuine interest in working in a caring environment
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Team player
- Worked in customer service or people oriented environment desirable
A caring individual
No formal qualifications required
Things to consider
About the employer
Additional location information
- Health And Social Care Level 2 Apprenticeship
- Health And Social Care Level 2
- Functional Skills Maths & English Level 1
Health and Social Care
HIT TRAINING LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by HIT Training Ltd
Angelo Moore 07940515317 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017