Apprentice Nursery Assistant Summertown Montessori Nursery
We are looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual, to take on the role of Nursery Apprentice for our established Montessori.
Closing date: 30 Aug 2017
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
01 Sep 2017
03 May 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
- To uphold the highest standard of Care and Education at all times.
- To assist the Montessori Teachers in the planning and implementation of activities appropriate to the children’s needs and interests in order to enhance their experiences and enable them to reach their full potential.
- To assist with the settling in of new children attending the setting, providing emotional support in addition to meeting developmental needs.
- To work individually as well as within a team.
- To uphold Montessori principles and practice at all times.
- Work closely with the support of the Montessori teachers to implement Montessori through the EYFS.
- To carry out other duties as required.
Requirements and prospects
- Strong communication skills – good command of spoken and written English
- Ability to work in a team and individually
- Passion and enthusiasm for working with children
No formal qualifications required.
Things to consider
About the employer
Summertown Montessori Nursery
- Level 3 in Children and Young People's Workforce
The Childcare Company provides online training in early years’ childcare, residential childcare, play work, supporting teaching and learning, management, team leading, customer service and business administration.
Teaching sessions are normally bi weekly or monthly depending on your preferred learning style. Your sector specialist tutor will provide the support and motivation to ensure you enjoy and ultimately succeed in achieving your goal, completing your training. We want you to feel our team are approachable at every stage in your learning journey.
Our delivery of training is through blended learning. Supported by one of our sector specialist tutors we deliver teaching sessions to you using various methods that include face to face teaching, Skype, virtual classroom and telephone. Our aim is for you to have the best possible learning journey that is personalised, motivational and inspiring for you.
Our online learning platform, the Laser, provides interactive learning resources as well as your e-portfolio. It acts as a communication system between you and your tutor and allows you to follow your progress at any time. The Laser is user-friendly and easy to navigate. The learning resources are multi-sensory to suit personal learning styles, such as filmed tutorials, PowerPoint presentations, multi-media challenges, activities, good practice example videos and electronic reading.
Your employer provides your time for ‘off the job’ study and teaching during your paid working hours. This is flexible averaging around 3-4 hours per week.
Children and Young People's Workforce
THE CHILD CARE COMPANY (OLD WINDSOR) LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by The Childcare Company
Claudia Worthington 01753 596 004 Claudia@thechildcarecompany.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Aug 2017