Hairdressing Level 2 Apprenticeship Christine Marks
A vibrant Hairdressing Salon in Dawlish is looking for an Apprentice to help support the business. You will work alongside a wide range of talent stylists, which will support you throughout your Apprenticeship. The opportunities of working within this Salon are endless.
Closing date: 20 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
27 Oct 2017
28 Apr 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
As an Apprentice your duties will include:
- Meeting and greeting clients in a polite and efficient manner.
- Scheduling Salon appointments onto the online and paper base diary.
- Dealing with incoming phone calls
- Carrying out shampooing and conditioning services for clients.
- Helping colleagues with clients.
- Making sure that the salon is tidy and clean at all times.
- Filing and photocopying
- Removing colours
- Neutralising perms
You will be assisting stylists in ensuring that all clients are given the highest levels of customer service with special attention to comfort and friendliness. You will also generate and promote a professional working atmosphere and assist stylists in advising clients in all aspects of services available, including advising clients of all products, tools and equipment available for retail.
You will have your own personal Assessor who will support you throughout your Apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
- Being able to work with a a wide range of people
- Being able to work as part of a team
- You will need to be punctual and good with time
- You will need to be organised and efficient
- Keen to want to learn and improve skills
- Work well under pressure.
- Good communication skills.
- Hard working.
- Enjoy helping others.
- A good sense of humour
- Kind and polite.
Successful candidate should have GCSE or equivalent mathematics and English grades C or above; but you can complete functional skills alongside the apprenticeship if required.
Things to consider
About the employer
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Hairdressing
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
- English Functional Skills Level 1 or 2 ( If required)
- Mathematics Functional Skills Level 1 or 2 ( If required)
PGL TRAINING (PLUMBING) LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by P G L Construction Training
Alberto Pitocco 01392 346395
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 20 Oct 2017