Nursery Apprentice SAY NURSERIES LIMITED
Nursery Apprentices assist the staff team to create a safe, caring and welcoming setting in which parents are happy to entrust their child and where their child is encouraged and supported to flourish in an enabling and stimulating environment.
Closing date: 27 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
02 Oct 2017
02 May 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- To ensure operational policies and procedures implemented by Banana Moon Franchise are adhered to, ensuring relevant legislation is met.
- To contribute to inspiring and ambitious practice.
- Assist with Head Office Quality Improvement Visits and Inspections.
- Adhere to Health and Safety policies and risk assessments, hazard logs as set out in the operational plan.
- To participate in the emergency and security procedures such as emergency evacuation, door security and e-safety.
- Be alert to issues of safeguarding, ensuring that the welfare and safety of the children and adults is paramount, recording and reporting any concerns to the DSL.
- Maintain high standards of cleanliness and hygiene in practice, ensuring relevant documentation is completed as required.
- Active involvement in staff meetings, which support continually envolving high standards of practice.
- To work with colleagues in room planning, observation and assessment to ensure the provision of a stimulating environment with a balance of challenging and inspiring child/adult lead activities reflecting children's individual needs and interests.
- To understand key children's culture, level of development and identify next steps with line managers support.
- To ensure the detailed record keeping for key children's development maintaining these records on a regular basis with quality meaningful observations and assessments and to involve parents in the process of planning, under the supervision of line managers.
- Support the settling in of new children in a sensitive manner, liaising closely with parents and staff to ensure home life and children's interests are utilised for reassurance.
Customer Service Operations
- To participate in informative, professional and welcoming show rounds to prospective customers.
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive family information whilst adhering to child protection policy and procedures.
- Contribute to nursery communication with parents via newsletters, parent's evenings, open days/evenings, building and maintaining strong key person relationships.
Requirements and prospects
- Good organisation
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to read and understand policies
Level 2- GCSE Grade D or equivalent
Level 3- GCSE Grade A*-C or equivalent
Things to consider
About the employer
Level 2 or Level 3 Apprenticeship epending on qualification and expereince, in Childcare
Functional skills qualification in Maths, ICT or English (depending on qualifications)
NVQ Level 2 or Level 3 in Childcare
Children and Young People's Workforce
JOHN RUSKIN COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by John Ruskin College
Kathy Morgan 0208 651 1131 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 27 Sep 2017