Apprentice Chef HIPPO INNS LIMITED
This is an exciting new apprenticeship where you will be trained to be a professional chef.
Closing date: 31 Aug 2017
Total hours per week: 48.00
(the hours are based on the candidate being over 18)
Possible start date
07 Sep 2017
28 Apr 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
As a trainee chef you will be cooking all meals using fresh ingredients.
This is an exciting new role for Hippo Inns, you can start your career training to be a chef.
Your duties will include:
- Prepare and cook food to a high standard.
- Ensure food preparation is carried out according to Food Safety and legal Requirements.
- Ensure Food Storage adheres to Food Safety and legal Requirements.
- Assist in maintaining the cleanliness of the department.
- Actively support the Hippo Inns Group ensuring that the Customer experience is truly engaging throughout each and every interaction throughout their visit.
- Wear the appropriate clothing for their role and maintain a high standard of personal grooming.
- Attend legislative training as required.
- To promote a helpful and professional image to the customer, giving full co-operation to any customer requiring attention.
- To support departmental standards in the preparation, production and delivery of food and meals to ensure that we meet our customers’ expectations.
- To attend to customer queries and enquiries in a caring and helpful manner and with a commitment to dealing with the issue in a positive way.
- To anticipate customer needs whenever possible to enhance the quality of food service offered by the pub, to ensure customer loyalty is maintained.
- To ensure the customer is treated correctly, first time, every time.
- Communicate any problems to senior management, and liaise with them with complaints beyond your control.
- To ensure care and attention is taken when handling company property to protect company assets and ensure that all stock, equipment is safe and secure at all times.
- To observe all Fire, Health & Safety & Food Safety Regulations attending any training session’s necessary to keep you updated on new legislation and ensuring compliance with all current legal requirements. To be aware of your responsibilities in accordance with the company Health & Safety procedures.
Requirements and prospects
Ideally some experience of working in Catering/Hospitality.
- A passion for cookery
- Good timekeeping skills
- Team player
- Hard working
- GCSEs A-C English and Maths/or equivalent desirable.
- Level 1 Catering/Hospitality.
Things to consider
About the employer
- Level 2 Diploma in Professional Cookery
- Level 2 Technical Certificate
- Level 1 Functional Skills in English and Maths
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
Catering and Professional Chefs
NEWHAM COLLEGE OF FURTHER EDUCATION
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Newham College of Further Education
L Parsonage 02082574586 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 31 Aug 2017