Digital Marketing Assistant Apprentice Girlguiding North East England
Overall purpose of the role Reporting to the Region Manager, the Digital Marketing Assistant will work with the Marketing & Communications Assistant and the M&C volunteers to assists in the delivery of the Region’s Marketing and Communication strategy, specifically around digital marketing and communications.
Closing date: 28 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
03 Oct 2017
28 Apr 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Main areas of responsibility
- Be the main staff point of contact for digital marketing and communications work, supporting the Marketing & Communications Assistant and Lead Volunteer for M&C
- Design advertising or communication materials using Adobe Creative suite (or similar) in line with the design house style, for use both online or in a printed format
- Create and deploy information from member surveys using online survey tools
- Produce and update content for the Region website
- Monitor and create content for Region social media channels, liaising with volunteers to give them access to “take over” channels when appropriate
- Review existing website, social media and website analytics, feeding back to M&C team and Region Manager with recommendations
- Participate in a review of the Region website, and contribute to any upgrade projects as appropriate
- Undertake a review of social media channels and make recommendations on how this would be effectively developed and maintained in the future
- Develop and maintain a system to manage the Region’s photo library
- Work with the M&C team to identify emerging communication tools and look at how they could be adopted by the Region
- Assist with the administration of marketing events, for example the Great Yorkshire Show
- Undertake general office duties as and when required
- Work as part of the Region team to meet the outcomes of the Region strategic plan, supporting colleagues and contributing ideas for continuous improvement
Role specific requirements
In order to undertake this role, it is expected that you will have:
- An appreciation of the objectives of Girlguiding
- A high level of written and verbal communication skills, with English GCSE grade C or above
- An active interest in emerging trends in communications technology
- An appropriate level of competency in office and communications IT systems, including Microsoft Office; WordPress; design software; online survey tools; Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other social media platforms
Requirements and prospects
- Strong writing skills.
- Ability to understand technology and the challenges of online ecommerce (internet and ecommerce).
- Attention to detail.
- Positive can-do attitude.
- Salary is apprenticeship level.
- Full apprentice training
- Able to work under pressure
- Able to work to specific times/targets
- Ability to work well in a team and on your own
- Enthusiasm to learn and develop
Ideally a minimum 4 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
Things to consider
About the employer
Girlguiding North East England
Throughout the duration of the Apprenticeship you will be required to attend the 3aaa Digital Marketing Academy based in York for an intensive 3-day block study. This is followed by attendance at the Academy on day release once a month thereafter for structured training, and the remainder of the training will be completed in the workplace. The Apprentice will work towards an Advanced Apprenticeship in Digital Marketing. The Apprenticeship consists of:
Level 3 Diploma in Digital Marketing
Level 2 Functional Skills English, Maths, ICT (if applicable)
Social Media and Digital Marketing
ASPIRE ACHIEVE ADVANCE LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by ASPIRE ACHIEVE ADVANCE LIMITED
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 28 Sep 2017