Apprentice Assistant Early Years Educator WRAPAROUNDCARE4U LTD
Work in teams to ensure the safety and wellbeing of the children in their care, whilst adhering to standard operating processes and our vision and values. An Assistant Early Years Educator typically has no experience in childcare and is undertaking her/his NVQ2/3 in Childcare and Education or wants to work with children.
Closing date: 30 Aug 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 31.00
Possible start date
14 Sep 2017
19 May 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Day-to-day tasks include:
- Ensure the safety and well-being of the children.
- Follow daily routines and plans, including setting out activities, cleaning and sterilising.
- Cook meals as appropriate.
- Change nappies.
- Ensure maintenance and hygiene of the toys and equipment.
- Undertake at least two creative activities a week.
- Ensure all children are sent home clean and tidy.
- Ensure all homework for courses is completed on time and to the requisite standard.
Requirements and prospects
We are looking for hard working dedicated and committed students who want to work with children and would like to progress in this exciting field of work where we really make a difference to children’s ability to learn for life.
- Identify requirements, problems and issues quickly and accurately and address them in a structured and logical way, escalating where appropriate
- Respond positively and creatively to change and to new ideas
- Favour constructive action over delay
- Maintain a professional appearance and shows integrity and honesty at all times
- Manage stress effectively, staying calm and unflustered and thinking quickly when under pressure
- Acknowledge that he/she may sometimes be wrong, reflecting on criticism or rejection of ideas without taking personal offence
- Adapt easily to different working environments and age ranges, building trust, confidence and respect with colleagues and parents
- Clarify understanding by careful listening, checking understanding and asking relevant probing questions
- Be a team-player who demonstrates self-motivation and initiative, taking ownership of tasks, personal development and personal time to optimise own effectiveness
- Communicate verbally with clarity and purpose, demonstrating confidence and conviction in the message when talking to children and colleagues.
For an apprenticeship position we ideally need candidates with GCSE C grade in maths and English. This isn’t essential providing the individual is willing to gain these qualifications.
Things to consider
About the employer
- Early Years Educator - Level 3
Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
THE HENLEY COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Henley College
June Hogan 01491634083 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Aug 2017