Apprentice Hairdresser Monello Hairdressing
Do you wish to progress within an exciting company? This is a brilliant chance to learn and develop as an Apprentice Hairdresser in the Hairdressing industry.
Closing date: 10 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
01 Nov 2017
28 Apr 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
The day-to-day duties will include:
- Keeping the salon clean, safe and free from hazards.
- Assist with reception duties including greeting clients and making appointments.
- Attending to clients’ needs throughout their visit including hospitality.
- Carry out the shampooing and conditioning service.
- Assist the stylists where required.
- Attending training sessions, workshops, attending team meetings and following all aspects of legislation including Data Protection.
Requirements and prospects
A basic understanding of the hairdressing industry and of changing fashions and trends is desirable. You will need a general knowledge of the hair salon and have the ability to learn new skills and to pass these on.
You need to be well presented, confident and have a passion for hairdressing. You need to be able to use your own initiative and work as part of a team.
No formal qualifications are required, however you will need to have achieved GCSEs grades A* to C in Maths and English by the end of your Apprenticeship.
About the employer
Monello’s Salon specialise in all areas of modern day and traditional hairdressing for both men and women. Their enthusiastic team are all trained to a high level of hairdressing and take great pride in their work and customer care. Ongoing training means that they are always updating their technique and skill giving their customers the very best result.
They endeavour to provide a friendly and relaxed service.
The Intermediate Apprenticeship in Hairdressing includes:
- Level 2 NVQ in Hairdressing
- Level 2 Technical Certificate
- Level 1 Functional Skills in English and Maths, depending on prior qualifications
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
This will be completed by optional monthly workshops at The Henley College or by distance learning.
You will also be assessed on a regular basis by an assessor visiting your workplace.
THE HENLEY COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Henley College
June Hogan 01491634083 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 10 Sep 2017