Apprentice chef The Royal Oak
This is a great opportunity to work as an Apprentice chef at a lovely village restaurant pub.
Closing date: 10 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
01 Oct 2017
28 Apr 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
In this role you will be responsible for assisting the owner-manager in the efficient running of the bar and restaurant.
You will also:
- Use fresh ingredients to prepare a range of dishes as requested by the head chef for and during service.
- Help maintain high standards of food safety and hygiene in the kitchen at all times.
- Prepare dishes to a high standard of food preparation, food safety and presentation.
- Ensure that wastage is kept to a minimum.
- Keep the kitchen clean, safe and free from hazards for all visitors and working colleagues.
- Assist in kitchen cleaning.
- Ordering food and other supplies.
- Process deliveries - checking in and storing food and supplies correctly.
- Stock taking.
- Perform any other reasonable duties as requested by the Head Chef.
Requirements and prospects
There are no specific skills required for this role, other than a passion to learn and progress within the trade.
You must have a passion for food and a willingness to learn.
No formal qualifications required although you will be required to have GCSE grades A* to C in Maths, English and ICT or equivalent, in order to complete your Apprenticeship.
About the employer
They are immensely proud to offer excellent wines, inspired, well-presented à la carte meals, real ales and friendly service. They're in the Good Pub Guide and Good Beer Guide (and have been for some years).
The Intermediate Apprenticeship in Professional Cookery includes:-
- Level 2 Certificate in Professional Cookery
- Level 2 award in Food Safety
- Functional skills in Maths and English if required depending on prior qualifications.
This will be completed by monthly workshops at The Henley College and by work-based supported learning with regular visits from an Assessor.
Catering and Professional Chefs
THE HENLEY COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Henley College
June Hogan 01491634083 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 10 Sep 2017