Apprentice Kitchen Porter The Hinds Head
This is a great opportunity to be part of the integral team at a 1 star Michelin Star restaurant in Bray, Berkshire. There are excellent opportunities for career progression.
Closing date: 10 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
01 Oct 2017
28 Apr 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
In this role you will work primarily as a kitchen porter whilst training and working towards your professional cookery qualification.
Your daily responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the chefs in the kitchen area.
- Keeping the area clean and tidy.
- Adhering to the high standards of health and safety.
- Other duties involved in supporting the kitchen and front of house team.
Requirements and prospects
- You will be expected to be efficient at taking orders and responding to the needs of other members of your team.
- You will need to be self motivated and be a quick thinker and learner.
- It will be expected that you have some knowledge of a busy, working kitchen environment and that you are ready to play your part in a unique restaurant.
You will need to either have achieved GCSE grades A* to C in Maths and English or equivalent, or be working on achieving these grades by the end of your Apprenticeship.
Things to consider
About the employer
Whilst working as an Apprentice kitchen porter at The Hinds Head, you will be working towards your Level 2 qualification in professional cookery. This includes:
- Level 2 Diploma in Professional Cookery
- Level 2 Certificate in Hospitality and Catering Principles Professional Cookery)
- Functional Skills in Maths and English (if required)
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
Catering and Professional Chefs
THE HENLEY COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Henley College
June Hogan 01491 634173 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 10 Sep 2017