Apprentice Support Worker Expeditions Living Ltd
Provide outstanding care and support to our customers. Assist in the development of the business philosophy, goals and objectives for the benefit of our customers so that they can live an independent and fulfilling life.
Closing date: 26 Sep 2017
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
30 Oct 2017
26 Apr 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
To provide a professional, flexible and consistently high standard of service provision to service users and to work within the aims and objectives of the organisation, relevant legislation and regulation.
- Day to day personal care.
- Undertaking community initiatives and helping customers to achieve their full potential.
- Creative and flexibility to enable independence.
- In accordance with the service user’s Individual Care Plan, you will attend to their personal care needs, be aware of their emotions and their personal requirements, their right to request same sex carer for personal care risks and to treat them with sensitivity.
- Carry out personal care including washing, dressing, toileting, promoting independence and continence where possible, bathing/showering, the cleaning of dentures or own teeth and assisting to bed as required.
- Providing comfort, dignity and observing privacy.
- Make and change beds, ensuring all rooms are clean, tidy; commodes emptied and cleaned.
- To assist with the preparation of meals & drinks.
- Clinical waste must be double bagged into pedal bin liner or carrier bag, tied and put into the bin.
- Assist to keep the house clean and tidy.
- Familiarise yourself, and work in accordance with, company’s Policies and Procedures File.
- Familiarise yourself with changes in Service Users Care Plans and read Communication Book/Diary when reporting on duty.
- Complete written day/night records as instructed by the Manager noting all significant occurrences. ALL written work to be signed and dated (Black Ink).
- To conduct yourself at all times in a manner conducive to the wellbeing of the Service user.
- Maintain a High Standard of Dress, Hygiene, and Decorum whilst working for the company and outside when wearing Uniform.
- Promote and ensure the reputation of the company.
- Participate in the appropriate Mandatory and *Personal Development Training Programmes.
- Participate in regular Staff meetings when requested.
- Maintain complete confidentiality of all matters concerning the service users, staff and related work.
- Receive instruction and familiarise yourself with the Administration of Medication as directed by the General Practitioner, receive and log medications into and out of the service users home. (This will be after adequate training and assessed supervision).
- Notify the company as soon as possible of your inability to work.
- Report immediately to the Manager any illness of an infectious nature or accident incurred by service user, colleague, yourself, or any other person.
- Any issues to be reported to the Manager or Proprietor as soon as possible.
- Comply to Care Standards Act 2000 and Regulations.
- Your attention is drawn to the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, which requires you to:
- Take reasonable care for the Health and Safety of yourself and others.
- Co-operate with the management on any matters of Health and Safety.
- Understand fully and comply with all current legislation.
Requirements and prospects
- Attention to detail
- Computer Literate
- Driving Licence would be an added advantage.
- Good listener
- Good communicator
- Role model and desire to succeed
GCSE Maths and English grades A-D or equivalent.
Things to consider
About the employer
- Technical Certificate - Level 2 Certificate in Preparing to work in Adult Social Care.
- QCF Diploma Level 2 in Health and Social Care - Adult Care or working in the Health Sector.
- Functional Skills: Level 1 in English and Mathematics if required
Health and Social Care
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Gloucestershire College
Lynda Berriman 01452 563402 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 26 Sep 2017