Early Years/Childcare apprentice - Level 3 Inwood Nursery
The purpose of the role is to Safeguard and ensure the welfare of the children in your care, meet the individual needs of all the children. Build a positive relationship with the children and their parents/carers. Work as part of a team to provide a stimulating environment which supports and extends children’s development.
Closing date: today
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
01 Sep 2017
27 Apr 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
A good understanding of the EYFS curriculum with good organisational skills and be passionate about child care, be self-motivated and able to use own initiative.
The purpose of the role is to Safeguard and ensure the welfare of the children in your care and to meet the individual needs of all the children. Build a positive relationship with the children and their parents/carers. Work as part of a team to provide a stimulating and an attractive environment which supports and extends children’s development and learning. To achieve the afore mention you would need to:
- Read and understand the “Guidance for Safer Working Practice For Adults Who Work With Children and Young People” and the Nursery’s Policies and Procedures and adhere to them
- Ongoing Safeguarding training and development
- Completion of accident / incident forms
- The ability to take responsibility for your own health and safety and that of others
- Deliver personalised, learning, development and care
- Be a “key person” to specific children
- Commitment to valuing equality and respecting diversity
Daily duties will include:
- Set up room in readiness for activities
- Look after key children including nappy changing etc.
- Help children at snack/lunch and tea time
- Share in staff rotas in cleaning and hygiene procedures
- Attend staff meetings to discuss and review procedures, share ideas etc.
- Ensure a positive impression of the nursery to include clean tidy premises and adhering to the dress code to maintain a tidy personal appearance
PLEASE NOTE: due to the rural location on this nursery you will need to have access to transport as it is not accessible via public transport.
Requirements and prospects
You must have excellent communication skills and be able to engage with children, colleagues and parents.
Care and compassionate
You will need to have already achieved your level 2 childcare qualification or a level 2 in a similar field. You will also need to have achieved GCSE (or equivalent) in Maths and English at a C or above.
About the employer
Advanced apprenticeship (Level 3) in Children and Young People's Workforce
Employment Rights and Responsibilities
Functional skills up to Level 2 in Numeracy and Literacy (where required)
Personal learning and thinking
Children and Young People's Workforce
WESTON COLLEGE OF FURTHER AND HIGHER EDUCATION
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Weston College
Donna Kenny 01934 411594 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: today