Apprentice Care Assistant Hermitage Residential Home
Apprentice Care Worker required for residential care home in Uttoxeter, which is exclusively for ladies.
Closing date: today
Total hours per week: 29.00
Possible start date
21 Aug 2017
26 Apr 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Apprentice Care Worker required to work in a residential care home in Uttoxeter, which is exclusively for ladies.
The Apprentice Care Worker will play an important team role in the day-to-day planning, organisation and smooth running of the Home, to ensure financial and business objectives are met.
Duties to include:
- Introduction to Communication in Health & Social Care
- Understanding the importance of Equality in Health & Social Care
- Being able to work with individuals to meet specific roles and care needs
- Principles of Safeguarding and Protection in Health & Social Care
- Contribute to Health & Safety
- Handle confidential information in Health & Social Care settings
- Support the moving of individuals (supervised)
- Understand the benefits of engaging in social activities such as singing, dancing and general entertainment
- Understand the effects of Ageing in activities, offering motivation and morale building
- Support the individual to maintain personal hygiene (supervised)
- Support the individual during meal times if and when necessary
Requirements and prospects
Good communication skills, must be looking for a career where you can make a real difference to people’s later years. Good organisational skills and time-keeping are essential.
Candidates must be hardworking, reliable and willing to complete any tasks associated with their job role. This role would suit someone with an outgoing personality as they will be expected to join in with all the social activities involved.
There are no minimum levels of previous qualifications required, however candidates should have a good basic GCSE Grade in Maths and English.
Things to consider
About the employer
- Level 2 Intermediate Apprenticeship in Health & Social Care
- Technical Certificate
- Functional Skills in Maths & English
Health and Social Care
Performance Through People
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Performance Through People
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: today