Apprentice Parts Consultant Aston (Melton Mowbray) Ltd
You will be an apprentice in a busy Parts environment and carry out tasks relevant to serving customers and allocating the correct parts.
Closing date: 28 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
28 Oct 2017
26 Apr 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
- You will be an apprentice in a busy Parts environment.
- You will carry out tasks relevant to serving customers and allocating the correct parts.
- You will also be partly responsible for maintenance of the parts environment.
- As part of your training you will attend our Vauxhall Apprenticeship technical centre in Nottingham for block release training. (Accommodation & transport costs will be covered by your employer)
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to build rapport.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Ability to prioritise a number of activities.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Attention to detail and accuracy skills.
- Customer oriented.
- Smart, professional attitude & appearance.
- GCSE Grades A-C (or equivalent) are preferred but other candidates may apply.
- Working knowledge of Windows and spreadsheets would be advantageous.
Things to consider
About the employer
A leading Vauxhall retailer in a customer service/ automotive retail environment.
Aston was established by Brian Kay and two of his then business partners. In 1989 the existing site was purchased and the facilities that exist today were purpose built.
The business opened with just 11 staff members, 3 of whom are still with the company today.
The Aston team today produces a turnover of over £13,000,000 per annum and there are just 23 employees across all departments. The facilities we offer are continually improving and, as the longest established franchised dealer in the area, we are rightfully proud of our ability to satisfy the needs of our many loyal customers in an ever changing world.
Brian drives the business forward, together with a team of committed and highly skilled members of staff. We all work closely together to ensure that excellent customer service is delivered consistently across the business.
Aston (Melton Mowbray) Ltd
- Training consists of 4 weeks block training over a 3 year period with the remainder of your time being spent at a Vauxhall retailer where practical training and guidance will be provided.
- You will be working towards an Advanced Apprenticeship (Level 3) along with Functional Skills in Maths, English & ICT at Level 2.
- You will also work towards Vauxhall internal qualifications via My Academy Bronze & Silver courses.
Raytheon Professional Services
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Raytheon systems Ltd
Bhavika Parekh 01159 457 480 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 28 Sep 2017