Contracts and Procurement Apprentice Administrator, Calverton Birchyule Ltd
D G Professional Interiors are looking for candidates with the right attitude and reflects our company values: open and honest, a good team player, enjoy working with people, enthusiasm and an appetite to learn.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
14 Oct 2017
25 Apr 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Vision Apprentices are working with D G Professional Interiors to recruit a Business Administration apprentice to work in the Nottingham area.
DG Professional Interiors specialise in providing a highly reliable, commercial shopfitting service. We operate in a competitive market and our enormous success is due to our cost effective, expertly finished, interior fit-out solutions, with a friendly, personal approach.
Our vast range of in-house services, give us the significant advantage of being able to maintain full control and flexibility, when planning and progressing with your project.
We are immensely proud that all of our key clients and preferred partners regard us so highly and our aim is to continue to provide unrivalled customer care and superb quality craftsmanship.
To provide exactly what our customer or their designer requires, but also to present valuable suggestions on innovative designs. We are renowned for creating and delivering unique and practical solutions.
Quality, efficiency and competitiveness, we achieve this through experience, dedication and commitment.
DG Professional Interiors take on the role of principal contractor, to ensure each and every project is well co-ordinated and delivered on time to the highest standards.
If successful, you will be completing a Business Administration Apprenticeship at Level 3. The apprentice will be directly employed by D G Professional Interiors for the duration of the apprenticeship.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a fast growing business who now has an opportunity for someone who is keen to start their career in Administration.
- Creating O&M’s
- Creating CDM’s
- Creating site packs
- Programmes – create and update
- Dealing with site logistics, e.g. booking in of deliveries and parking dispensation
- Inputting weekly site time sheets
- Provide during office hours, full support to the contracts team for any office/admin assistance required
- Proactively communicating with site/contracts to ensure everything that is required is in hand
- All buying except for setting out and workshop sheet material
- Ensuring all purchases are on time and in budget
- Ensuring the credit card spreadsheet is up to date
- Provide support and assistance with accounts on invoice queries and account issues
- Seeking and developing relationships with new and existing suppliers
- Matching Up of GRN’s to PO’s
- Matching Up of Invoices to PO’s
- Assisting others when fully worked up and ad hoc tasks - due to the nature of the business, this can be required to be carried out at times
Applicants will be required to attend an Assessment Centre with Vision Apprentices as part of the screening process.
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent communication skills
- Good practical and creative skills
- Ability to work alone (limited) or as part of a team
- Good time management - reliable
- Willing to learn
- Respectful and presentable attitude
- Attention to detail
- Full driving licence- desirable, not essential
- Maths Level 2 (or equivalent)
- English Level 2 (or equivalent)
Things to consider
About the employer
West Nottinghamshire College is one of the largest and most successful colleges in the country with a well-earned reputation for excellence particularly in the areas of apprenticeships. The college was named a national Beacon College in 2009. With 30,000 students nationwide and links with over 2,000 employers, we are a high-profile centre of education that is well known for producing work-ready, ambitious and highly-skilled individuals. We offer apprenticeships, advanced apprenticeships and adult apprenticeships in a range of sector specialisms.
- An apprenticeship allows you to study towards a recognised qualification whilst in an employed position and usually includes; Job-specifics training through working alongside experienced staff
- A competency based qualification to demonstrate you have the skills required to carry out the job. These are assessed by breaking down the contents of the jobs within your specific occupation into tasks called units of competences and will be measured through observations, assessments and witness testimony.
- A technical qualification that includes theoretical knowledge required in an occupation and underpins the knowledge required for the competencies.
- Functional Skills (Literacy, Numeracy and IT) Dependent on your prior attainment you may need to be assessed in a literacy, numeracy and ICT skills which are an integral part of your apprenticeship. Upon successfully completion you will be awarded additional certificates of recognition.
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Possible Enhancements
Business and Administration
VISION WEST NOTTINGHAMSHIRE COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Vision West Nottinghamshire College
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017