Act as support for the Management Team in the collation of data, company required information and statistical information. To provide business information in the form of reports, spreadsheets, forms and business e-mails in a timely and accurate manner. To provide comprehensive clerical support to the Management Team in all departments as agreed
Central Business Administration Apprentice
Makita Manufacturing Europe Ltd
Closing date: 08 May 2017
£157.95 - £274.95
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship(usually one day per week).
Working hours: 39 hours per week 8.00am - 17.15pm Monday until Thursday 8.00 – 11.50am – Friday Breaks: Two 10 minute paid breaks Half an hour lunch break, unpaid.
Total hours per week: 39.00
Possible start date
22 May 2017
6 days ago
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- To act as support for the Management Team in the collation of data, company required information and statistical information.
- To provide business information in the form of reports, spreadsheets, forms and business e-mails in a timely and accurate manner.
- To provide comprehensive clerical support to the Management Team in all departments as agreed and prioritised.
- To control the recording, issuing and filing of all information and business documentation in accordance with the agreed timeframes and company procedures.
- To undertake generic business administration activities, when required accurately and in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all performance reports are produced to the highest standard and presented to the relevant Manager and relevant department in a timely manner.
- Control and maintain a system for all relevant paperwork that flows through to Managers.
- Ensure compilation of daily, weekly and monthly reports and graphs for all departmental Managers and Makita Japan.
- Prepare and control the issuing of orders to the Assembly work centres and aftersales.
- Control the recording, issuing to internal departments at MME/external suppliers and filing of the following, as required, within a given timeframe and in compliance of company procedures:
- All engineering change notification, bill of material and component detail documents
- All engineering drawings
- All component quality requirement standards
- All component packaging specification
- All component approval documents
- Engineering and TPM documents
- Accurately data input Quality information onto MAPS, including daily scrap rejections, receiving criteria checks, repair history and weekly shipping audit data.
- Accurately data input component critical feature goods inwards checking criteria onto MAPS.
- Accurately data input information from production daily reports and maintenance reports onto bespoke systems into a timely manner.
- To control the printing and issuing of daily, weekly and monthly reports off the MAPS system.
- Record all individual departmental VSI orders (for Commodity Development and Production Engineering) and prepare commissioning reports and file accordingly.
- Control the amendment of all MMS documents.
- To accurately data input vendor master information on MAPS and to maintain control of the master documents.
- To accurately take notes and type up minutes of meetings in a timely and presentable manner.
- To accurately data input VS1s onto MAPS.
- To accurately data input price changes onto MAPS.
- To accurately data input stock adjustments onto MAPS.
- Maintain accurate filing systems including archiving room.
- To cover other Central Administrators when required due to absence or holidays.
- Communicate and report effectively to the Management Team and departments on the progress of documentation under your administration.
- Ensure that any problems that may threaten production are escalated immediately to your Supervisor.
- Be proactive, challenging and determined to understand and eliminate root causes of problems.
- Demonstrate a positive and proactive approach to daily tasks.
- Communicate clearly and concisely at all business levels.
- Demonstrate an attitude of continuous improvement and co-operation within the department.
- Take on other reasonable tasks when requested by the Department Manager.
- Ensure the department and surrounding environment is clean and tidy promoting 5S activity.
- Ensure compliance with all Company’s policies and procedures.
Requirements and prospects
The successful candidate will need:
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Proficiency in Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Good customer service.
- Good telephone manner
The successful candidate will need:
- Must be reliable
- Must be trustworthy and honest (dealing with confidential information may be required)
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Must be capable of working to deadlines
To apply for this position, you will need:
- Educated to GCSE level, including English and Maths at grades C or above (or equivalent)
- RSA word processing Stage II (or equivalent IT qualification)
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, there will be opportunities for full time employment with the company.
Things to consider
Telford College are managing this vacancy on behalf of this company. As part of the screening process of applications you may be contacted by Telford College and invited in for a face to face interview as part of our screening process. Training on the Apprenticeships Programme for 16 to 18 year olds is a priority and fully-funded by Government. Training for Apprenticeships for those over this age is part funded, with employers expected to make a part or full contribution. The current National Minimum Wage (NMW) for apprentices from the 1st April 2017 is £3.50 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged over 19 in the first year of their Apprenticeship. The new NMW applies to time working plus time spent training as this is also part of the Apprenticeship. Anyone not covered by this age category above will be entitled to the NMW appropriate for their age. Travelling to work: Bus routes: http://www.arrivabus.co.uk/timetables-search/?pg=1&pgsize=10®ion=22534&q=telford&lat=52.678419&lng=-2.445257999999967 Car Share Shropshire and Telford: http://carshareshropshireandtelford.co.uk/x.jsp?ano=0 Wheels to Work: http://www.shropshire-rcc.org.uk/services/individuals/wheels-to-work
About the employer
Makita are a multi-national manufacturer of power tools. The UK Head office is based on the Hortonwood Industrial estate in Telford, Shropshire.
As part of the apprenticeship the candidate will be working towards a workplace training plan within their organisation as well as working towards the apprenticeship framework components with Telford College. The candidate will achieve the following qualifications:
Level 2 Diploma in Business Administration
Level 1 Functional Skills in English, Maths & ITC.
Employer Rights and Responsibilities
Personal Learning & Thinking Skills
Business and Administration
TELFORD COLLEGE OF ARTS & TECHNOLOGY
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Telford College of Arts & Technology
Karen Pearce 01952 642452 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 08 May 2017