Childcare Apprenticeship Blakenhall Nursery
We are looking for a confident person to take on the role at nursery in Wolverhampton you will be responsible for looking after the children, meal times and cleaning duties.
Closing date: 20 Aug 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
28 Aug 2017
21 Apr 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
You will be working towards completing a Level 2 Intermediate Apprenticeship in Children and Young Peoples Workforce. Providing professional high quality child care is the responsibility of a Nursery practitioner. You will need to take care of, play with or teach children while they are at the Nursery. You will need to be highly trustworthy and attentive to children’s needs.
- Adhering to the policies and procedures of the Nursery
- Ensuring confidentiality is maintained in the Nursery
- Work as part of a team to ensure correct safeguarding procedures are followed
- Work as part of a team
- The care and supervision of the children with regard to their physical, emotional and development needs
- The planning and preparation of activities to meet children’s individual needs.
- Participating in activities and events
- Liaising with parents
- Keeping records and updating observation files
- Attending staff meetings
- Helping and supervising meals and mealtime
Requirements and prospects
- Ability to work alone or in a group
- Time keeping
- Good Time keeping skills
- Attention to detail
- Maths and English GCSE level A TO C or equilvent qualification.
About the employer
Training to be provided
- Level 2 in Children and Young People's Workforce
- Level 2 Technical Certificate
- Level 1 Functional Skills
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
All apprentices will have one day per week classroom training for the first 11 weeks to support with underpinning knowledge, whilst also receiving work based support to develop their competency. All learners have a dedicated assessor who will visit them within their setting to support and develop their competency and ongoing development as a nursery practitioner.
Children and Young People's Workforce
SWIFT ACI LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by SWIFTACI
gavin Jones 07816 069842 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 20 Aug 2017